Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time coyote hunter here, i have the Primos double cottontail call, and i have a .270 Win rifle, any suggestions, on whethe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigbuck123
    replied
    depending on your location, I would hunt woods because in winter they dont come out in the middle a lot (MN) and if they do its rare. The calling sequence should not be too loud because the leaves are off the trees so the sound does not have to travel threw as much. An electronic call really comes in handy in the winter- it will save your fingers

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    If the wind is right set up in the field with the decoys and then conceal your self on the edge of the field - natural blind.
    I would switch to a shotgun and be ready for a quick shot. They may circle around before showing them self.
    If you have a partner at nighttime use a light with red lens to pick them up, then just when in range switch to a the white lite.

Leave a comment:

• deerhunterrick
    replied
    setup 400 yards from where you want to shoot them. reload and down load the bullet to 90grs. Bad on hides.

Leave a comment:

• Ol Krusty
    replied
    Take a shotgun with you loaded with #4 buck shot and be ready for the woods and open fields. Most of the dogs I have taken have been within 50 yards and easily popped them with the shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    Not knowing your set-up; I would set-up with the woods to my back and the call in the field attempting to dray the yotes into the field. You'll need full camo because their eyesight is exceptional. That .270 will blow those dogs up so expect major pelt damage. You should use a full metal jacket to minimize pelt damage if you save the pelt.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I hope you do not want the skin

Leave a comment:

• First time coyote hunter here, i have the Primos double cottontail call, and i have a .270 Win rifle, any suggestions, on whethe

First time coyote hunter here, i have the Primos double cottontail call, and i have a .270 Win rifle, any suggestions, on whether i should hunt fields, or woods, and how i should use my call? Any tips on coyote hunting help me.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
    by 99explorer
    I am afraid Gen McInerney's legal opinion doesn't carry much weight against the words of the constitution, with emphasis on the word "only."...
    Today, 03:39 PM
  • Voter Fraud
    by bowhunter75richard
    For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
    11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
  • Reply to Voter Fraud
    by crm3006
    Well, if the slimy bandicoot won't recognize that I know treason when my nose is rubbed in it, maybe we should just get another opinion?
    "This
    Today, 03:10 PM
  • Reply to NitroStick ML
    by PigHunter
    Looks like a good site. I just joined as PHunter...
    Today, 03:03 PM
  • NitroStick ML
    by jhjimbo
    What do you think of the NitroStick by Federal to be used with the TC NitroFire ? The Powder and primer are in a plastic tube that is inserted in a ML...
    Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X