Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was reading WAM's question regarding the ammo hoarding and perused a few sites, just out of curiosity. There are NO .224 bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuckles, I am used to looking at Canadian prices which are quite a bit higher even in normal times (and I do not see our prices going up and supplies still seem to be fine).

Comment

Maybe the Democrat states have plenty of ammo because they all trust the Chosen One and see no need to buy anything or even own a gun. If I were an Obamatron and bought into all the BS from the likes of Feinstein, Schummer, Pelosi, Reid, Biden, Bloomberg, Cuomo, Billary, Holder, Rahm-boy, and the like, I would not see a problem with the anti-gun agenda either. Isn't that what the poice are for? Ludicrous

Comment

I just got a dozen arrows and a high capacity quiver no problem. All you ammo hoarders are doing is driving up the prices on yourselves.

Comment

I was in a local gun store over the weekend. The prices are usually a little higher than the big chain stores, but he usually has ammo, and reloading components in the worst of times. He was low on everything. He said his suppliers couldn't get him a delivery for at least 2-3 weeks, and what he was getting, was only part of what he ordered. He thinks it will be 4 to 6 months before things settle down. I don't know what this is based on, but that was his guess.I did manage to get another box of .224, and .308 sierra bullets to reload, but he had no .22lr. I still have some, but the .22's wont last 6 months.

Comment

Will someone please explain the rush on .22 rimfire ammo. I can see it maybe with .224 and .308 (not really though) but why hoard .22 shells? Banning them is just not in the cards as far as I can see. In the extremely unlikely event that ARs should get banned, what the heck has that got to do with .22LR? This is a classic speculative mania. Completely senseless. Quite the phenomenon. I studied historic mining booms when I was doing my post-grad work. And I thought some of the speculative mining company booms of the 1900s were nutty. This one will be great stuff for future business history grad students. Should be fun.

Comment

If the stupid govt. A-holes could put aside their politics long enough to find the common thread in these horrible shootings they would be launching a war on violent mental cases instead of going after guns and ammo and we law abiding honest sportsmen could get on with our lives.

Comment

Yes, it's too bad someone doesn't have some kind of x-ray vision or magic crystal ball that will allow them to see when someone is a "violent mental case" or will become one in the future. Dave, mental illness is not like measles or chicken pox. Like violent criminals, "mental cases" usually look just like everybody else on the street. It will never be fully possible to "launch a war" on mental cases without painting a target on all of us.

Comment

OHH,
                  Do you have any names and addresss of Sporting Goods Stores in your area that will ship reloading supplies to the lower 48 ? I think that you said the stores in your area still had plenty of supplies in their inventory.

Comment

I called the only local store that I know of that has anything although their inventory is never great at any time. They are not interested in shipping. Google for Bass Pro or Gander Mountain in Manitoba and see what turns up and give them a call. Might want to go that route. Let me see ... no Gander Mt in Canada. Cabelas has a store in Winnipeg. Also try Wholesale Sports on James St in Winnipeg. Good luck.

Comment

Sarge, I was talking about plenty of ammo in stock at one of the Walmarts, not reloading stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                        The manufacturers are not likely to add to their infrastructure to expand production because this is clearly just a temporary panic attack. Expanding production would only be smart if they could anticipate long-ter filezilla uc browser rufus m demand. That clearly IS NOT the case here. I don't expect any of the big retailers like Walmart who are holding back on wholesale purchases for the time being to make any ventures into restocking supplies until early to mid April. I expect by June there'll be a LOT of ads in the papers for ammo bought by gullible fools trying to sell their stash so they can buy gas money for fishing. Or to get their wives off their backs and save the marriage.
                        No shot-shell re-loading components, other than shot, are available. For the optimists out there, when do you think the current lack of shooting supplies will be over? For the realists, do you think that manufacturers/suppliers will catch up
                        Last edited by ADYLATYSA; 09-05-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADYLATYSA View Post

No shot-shell re-loading components, other than shot, are available. For the optimists out there, when do you think the current lack of shooting supplies will be over? For the realists, do you think that manufacturers/suppliers will catch up
                          I'm not having any trouble finding shotgun powder, primers, or wads. Either from US or Canadian sources (I live forty minutes from the border). Right now I'm loading Claybuster pink 1 oz wads and Titewad powder. Lead shot can sometimes be difficult to find but range size stuff seems to always be plentiful.

Comment

They must be in CA or another Planet, no problem with supplies here.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                              They must be in CA or another Planet, no problem with supplies here.
                              Thread is from 2013, Obama era.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                My eldest started life as a jailer.
                                Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                                "I'm tired of getting beat...
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                                Today, 04:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                                Today, 05:57 PM
                              • Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                                09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                                Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X