Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good lever action round that will not do much damage to pelts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good lever action round that will not do much damage to pelts?

What is a good lever action round that will not do much damage to pelts?

henry arms makes .22 lever action rifles that would not do hardly any damage to pelts, the hard part is making a shot that will put what you are hunting down(I am assuming you are referring to fur bearers possibly predators) hope this helps

Comment

To continue the Henry thought---I'm pretty sure they make a .22 mag. in their lever action which would be better than the .22 lr.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict someone will chamber the new .17 Winchester Magnum Rimfire in a lever action. It is, after all, a rimmed cartridge, which function best from lever and sible shot actions.

Comment

I don't know much about them but browning makes a lever action rifle the BLR and it come in .223, 22-50, and .243. Since it is browning they are a bit expensive, but something that I haven't seen on any other lever action that the BLR had was a detachable box magazine.

Comment

The Beat on the Street is: Ruger mite have a 17/22 in 17~Win/Super Mag coming out soon???

Comment

i would also suggest the henry .22, my brother has one, little recoil and not much harm to pelts

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad