Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious; What was your first kill and how did the hunt go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was as a 12 year old ten minutes into my first hunt in the oak woods 100 yards behind our house. It was a fat grey squirrel and 30 some years later, still one of my most memorable hunts.

Comment

a little female gray squirrel with a .117 pelet gun, and im still hooked on huntin em limb rats

Comment

For my first kill I saved up my Christmas and shed hunting money and bought an H&R topper 20 ga. shotgun. My dad took me rabbit hunting the same day. I shot six rabbits, two of which coming from one shot. My youngest brother came along and I let him think he shot a couple of em with his daisy. I was eleven. One of those memories that'll stick around forever.

Comment

My first kill was a 6 point buck. It was my first time ever deer hunting and he ran right in front of me. He stopped and was showing me broad side. I took the shot and turned him into some amazing jerky.

Comment

Originally posted by canvasbackhunter View Post
            squirrel was sitting in snow. Put one shot in his heart-lung area, audacity temp mail origin never moved. Since then i've hunted everything indiana has to offer, including frog, crow, deer, turkey, woodcock and lots of others.

My first kill was a small red squirrel last fall. It darted into its hole and me and my dad had to wait it out.
            Last edited by ADYLATYSA; 09-04-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

My first kill was a red squirrel in a tree near my house

Comment

Originally posted by small game sportsman View Post
                Mine was a grey squirrel. I had just went out my back door to go into the woods with my pellet gun and it was just sitting there on my back fence... bang!
                in his heart-lung area, never moved. Since then i've hunted everything indiana has to offer, including frog, crow, deer, turkey, woodcock and lots of others.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad