X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshr240
    replied
    Originally posted by hengst View Post
    A mouse squecker (like in a child or dog toy) cottontail in distress, fawn in distress, woodpecker, puppies and a howler. Depending on the time of the year with the fawn, howler and puppy calls. The area I hunt does not get much pressure as far as the predators go so jackrabbit and cottontail work easy for me and the squecker to coax them in I do like primos calls and the sceery is loud as all get out. I like mouth calls better than electro just gives me a good feeling when I do right. BTW watch out for the damn bears I have had a few come in here in Colorado with the calls. Of course not when I have a tag though (seriously)
    Primos Double Cottontale, Double Jackrabbit, and Primos Third Degree... Thats the only 3 predator calls you should need. then get a coyote howler and watch youtube videos on how to call them in.. Its good to have a Coyote howler because sometimes that will bring them in when a distress call wont.. If a coyote hears another Coyote in its territory it will come check it out. Those are the 4 calls i have and i dont think i have ever needed anything else on a hunt.. maybe a mouse sqeeker but there are tons of rabbits in TN so that works the best In my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    A Predator Call!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    A Predator Call!

Leave a comment:

• joe123456
    replied
    a predator call and a rabbit decoy

Leave a comment:

• hengst
    replied
    A mouse squecker (like in a child or dog toy) cottontail in distress, fawn in distress, woodpecker, puppies and a howler. Depending on the time of the year with the fawn, howler and puppy calls. The area I hunt does not get much pressure as far as the predators go so jackrabbit and cottontail work easy for me and the squecker to coax them in I do like primos calls and the sceery is loud as all get out. I like mouth calls better than electro just gives me a good feeling when I do right. BTW watch out for the damn bears I have had a few come in here in Colorado with the calls. Of course not when I have a tag though (seriously)

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    .223, 22-250, 220 swift, or a shotgun are perfecet firearms for coyote. If your new to coyote hunting get a electronic game call.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    22-250 or 25-06 and a Johnny Stewart PM-4 Wireless Preymasterâ„¢ Caller and use the call 102C.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    oh i didnt c you said call lol. well check on cabelas at look at their electronic calls. or you can look at my message board post under the tip board. just look for the one that says predator call out of diaphram call. it should have somthin lke that.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    if your in a centerfire zone a .223, .204. or a 25-06 wouldnt be bad. if not a .17 rimfire or you will have to use a shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• boomer1
    started a topic what call should i use for coyote hunting in tn

what call should i use for coyote hunting in tn

what call should i use for coyote hunting in tn

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad