Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best trap for chipmunks or squirrels in a neighborhood where I can't shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best trap for chipmunks or squirrels in a neighborhood where I can't shoot?

What is the best trap for chipmunks or squirrels in a neighborhood where I can't shoot?

Use the small size Havaheart or Tomahawk live traps. Set them up and prop the traps open. Bait them with sunflower seeds and allow the squirrels and chips to come and go feeding as they please for about a week, keeping the bait supply fresh and plentiful. Once you have them coming to the buffett set the trap for real and begin to carry away the pests on after the other.

Comment

Live traps work best. Just throw in some bait the rodents like, set it where they are and check it the next day. Live traps aren't too expensive.

Comment

pelletguntrap

Comment

Havaheart box trap

Comment

My father used to use rat traps, but that was before live traps were very popular.

Comment

havahart traps are great.

Comment

go to any wal mart or appliance store and get a live trap or if your looking to dispose of them get clever and maybe dig a hole in the ground where they can't get out or a suggestion I've heard is put a bucket with a wide funnel and let them crawl inside for bait and they won't no how to get out but it has to be next to a tree or bird feeder where they can climb down into it.

Comment

What is a problem for me with havahart traps, is that the squirrels would be hesitant to go in, so they just reach through the holes on the side and grab the food. So I places leaves, sticks, branches anything, all over the sides so that inorder to get the bait, they have to go inside. Sometimes chipmunks are to light to shut the gate. Also, peanut butter is king of bait

Comment

a snare trap it's a no fail.

Comment

A snare trap for sure!

Comment

A snare trap for sure!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad