Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, assuming I choose a .22 (I am 15, is this legal in Pennsylvania?), how much should I spend on it(up to about $150 maybe)? Sh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, assuming I choose a .22 (I am 15, is this legal in Pennsylvania?), how much should I spend on it(up to about $150 maybe)? Sh

Ok, assuming I choose a .22 (I am 15, is this legal in Pennsylvania?), how much should I spend on it(up to about $150 maybe)? Should I have a scope? What should I hunt? Or would a Daisy BB gun be more legal at my age?

IMO, At your age you need to learn to shoot with open sites. Buy both. Plink around the house or in the basement (with proper target) with the BB gun everyday, then when you can get out to open space buy a brick of 22 ammo and have fun on cans, spinners etc.

Comment

I think a .22 would work fine. I'd suggest using it with open sights at first and then when u feel more comfortable with it get a scope and sight it in. have fun!

Comment

get a 22 you'll have more fun with it than a bb gun especially at your age. I suggest sighting it in with the open sights and then mount a scope. Sight it in at 60 yds and your ballistics will be as follows at 0-20 yds up to half an inch low Zero at 20 yards; from 20-60 yards you''l hit no more than half an inch high; you'll hit zero at 60 yards and no more than half an inch low out to 75 yards. basically you'll be able to aim dead on from 0-70 yards.

Comment

a 22 but you're not leagle to own or buy ammo till you're 18 (in my state) I agree with the open sites.

Comment

Seriously? You need to get with the program. They won't sell the .22 rifle to you until you are 18 and they're not supposed to sell the .22 ammo to you until you're 21 because it can be used in pistols. They won't even sell a red ryder bb gun to a 15 year old.

Comment

I would go with a .22 they are much more fun and more accurate at longer distances

Comment

Practise is the key here.

Comment

semi-auto .22, ruger 10/22 is what i would choose.
                  more fun. and definitely open sights

Comment

They wont sell any thing to you but dont be discouraged they will sell to you older family members, or who-ever is teaching you to shoot. make shure you learn about gun safety before you ever begin to handle your gun. Also you might want to get some one to supervise you at first to help you learn and remeber all your safty rules. Hey Hunt_fish_sleep- are you trying to discourage the next generation of hunters?

Comment

He doesn't sound like much of a hunter. This is the same guy who asked about hunting with an airsoft gun. Besides, if there's fewer hunters in the next generation, that just means there will be more game for my children.

Comment

Don't let these guys discourage you (Hunt fish sleep). Buy yourself a Ruger 10/22 for about $200. Don't put a scope on it and you will have endless fun plinking cans and what not. Hunt rabbits and squirels.

Comment

lovetohunt, he can't buy a rifle, so quit making all of these suggestions.

Comment

Pascal, you can't buy a rifle. A RESPONSIBLE adult can for you to be kept locked and un-loaded, until season or range time. I'd suggest getting a good used 10/22 ruger w/scope. Take the hunter safty course. practice when you can. Good luck and good hunting !

Comment

First of all, Big O is right, you can't buy a rifle even a BB gun at that. But when you find someone to buy it for you get a .22 in bolt, pump, or lever action. Don't get a semi-auto because the people that are teling you to obviously don't live in Pa. IT IS ILLEGAL TO HUNT WITH A SEMI AUTOMATIC FIREARM IN PENNSYLVANIA. So when you get your gun practice, ake the hunters safety course, and aim straight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad