Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best airsoft gun/bb gun for hunting? What could I hunt? Turkey maybe? Rabbit? Should I use airsoft or bb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best airsoft gun/bb gun for hunting? What could I hunt? Turkey maybe? Rabbit? Should I use airsoft or bb?

What's the best airsoft gun/bb gun for hunting? What could I hunt? Turkey maybe? Rabbit? Should I use airsoft or bb?

Dont use an airsoft gun to hunt!!!!!! use a single shot or pump air rifle that shoots at least 700 ft per second. 1000 ft persecond would be better for rabbits.

Comment

i agree, no air soft. stong bb for small animal only

Comment

Airsoft is a toy. They are designed not to pierce skin, be it human or animal. A good air rifle as mentioned above could be used for rabbits, but a firearm would be better. Something in a .22 or a shotgun would be ideal, and can be had relatively inexpensively.

If you want to hunt turkeys, buy a shotgun, period. A 12ga Remington 870 would be great, and relatively inexpensive.

If you are intent on using an air rifle, there are many good models available. Like slothman said, get a single shot that shoots at least 700 feet per second. Personally, I would want 1000 fps for hunting.

Comment

Why would you use a airsoft gun to hunt? You should use something that gives you a quick kill. Animals aren't supposed to suffer, and it's our responsibility as hunters to make sure of that. Unless your under 10 yrs. old, use at least a .22! But if airguns are what you want to purchase, Gamo makes a line of hunting guns, but I had a friend buy one and said the quality was horrible and he returned it.

Comment

Gamo 1000 FPS and use pellets not BBs the are more designed for hunting. Also you you need to limit you size from Rabbits and Squirrils down. No Turkeys please.

If you don'l like the Gamo, try daisy or crossman. You just want one that will push over 800 FPS.

Comment

no air soft guns

Comment

never an airsoft gun you'd have better odds hunting with a slingshot all that's goingto do is scare the animal away I use them to get squirrells out of the feeder, I'd use an bb gun like the gamo. I wouldn't try to hunt turkey with a bb gun sounds pretty unethical.

Comment

You need to just go ahead and do none of the above, at this point.

Comment

You are a jackass. Hunt with an airsoft gun? Someone needs to beat some sense into you. You can't go killing turkeys and what not for the hell of it. Turkeys are a regulated big game animal and you must follow the legal processes to shoot one, and bb guns are not on the approved list of weapons in any state. And hunting with airsoft guns? I don't think I've ever heard anything so stupid in my life... maybe I'll go watch a youtube video of Al Gore on Global Warming and get back to you on your title of supreme moron.

Comment

i dont think that you hunt what so ever

Comment

i dont think that you hunt what so ever

Comment

i dont think that you should hunt what so ever

Comment

Gamo pellet gun. Airsofts are for birds only.

Comment

The turkey population would sky-rocket if everyone hunted them with a bb gun! Try 12 gauge 3 in. mag number 5 shot with a super full turkey choke...that will get the job done.As for small game a 20 gauge or a 22 rifle will do just fine.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                                by fitch270
                                I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                                Today, 01:40 PM
                              • 300 yard .22lr
                                by jhjimbo
                                Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                                Today, 11:28 AM
                              • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                                by jhjimbo
                                I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                                Today, 01:28 PM
                              • Cheaper Than Dirt
                                by jhjimbo
                                Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                                Today, 12:21 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                So Trumpish. Everything is about looking for dirt. Or making it up (e.g. the "birther" crap). The guy couldn't win on his merits ... because...
                                Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X