Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any ideas where to get one or anything they dont mind letting go of, for a scope to deck out my 50. caliber pel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any ideas where to get one or anything they dont mind letting go of, for a scope to deck out my 50. caliber pel

Does anyone have any ideas where to get one or anything they dont mind letting go of, for a scope to deck out my 50. caliber pellet gun? i'm planning to get a new scope, a laser, and a bipod for it. i want to kill squuirrel and chipmunk, not a 22. cuz i want it to be fairly quiet.

A 50 cal pellet gun for chipmunks? What? I am so confused, there are about a dozen things I don't understand about that question.

Comment

i didnt even know that they made a 50cal pellet gun. i had the chance for a .22 cal but i got a .177 for the speed. ive only had shooting time for about 2weeks and ive killed birds and one big squirrl. you should post a pic. id like to see this .50 cal pellet gun.

Comment

i don't see the point of stackin up ur pellet gun. you're probably a little better off stepping up to a .22 or a .17.

Comment

sorry i meant a 177. cal. i as talking about the size of the pellets. sorry!!!

Comment

Geez - was thinking you might have been talking about a 9mm airgun - a bit of overkill.

If you have a spring operated air gun then you probably know that it requires a special scope. If you didn't know that - a spring operated airgun's reverse recoil will destroy a scope not rated for it. You can search the Internet for "airgun scope" or go to your manufacturer's website to see the mounts and scopes they offer. midwayusa.com also has some airgun stuff, as well as bipods.

I have never tried a bipod with an airgun - will have to try it to see how it works.

By the way - you younger guys can probably do just fine with open sights. Us older guys appreciate scopes, even on air rifles. lol

Comment

Well kiddo the thought of you launching a 500 grain or so out of an air gun really made me chuckle I would suggest an sling shot or something and if you want silent I would still recommend it. Gammo makes several good guns in 177 at 1000 FPS you have to get an air rifle scope as MLH suggested, go to cabelas or midway for that. Other than than in the words of Mary Jane Watson, Go get em tiger! And if you don't know who she is look it up!

Comment

Just thought I would let you know that I am having fun with a red dot scope for my .177. It is a Leapers red dot that is rated for spring loaded air guns. It was about $45 at midwayusa or cabellas (I don't remember which). I have only shot it since Christmas but so far so good. I replaced an airgun scope that was much more expensive but I had a severe problem with paralax. If I put the rifle in a vice and looked through the scope, the cross hairs would wander all over the target as I moved my head around behind the scope. Although I tried to keep my head in a consistent position on the stock, the pellet impact still wandered way too much for me. In the same vice, the red dot stays right on the bullseye regardless of my head position behind the scope. It is a lot more accurate. The only negative, is that I have to remember to turn on the dot light when hunting. If I forget, I pull up the rifle to shoot and there is no dot... I think that before long I will get used to this and remember to turn it on when I am hunting. Good luck.

Comment

Good answer DakotaMan and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad