Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have became interested in the sport of trapping and would like to ask anybody if they have any they might part with for a reas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Del in KS answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Mostly grouse, woodcock, whitetail deer, and turkey. Some small game when the other seasons are closed. I sure miss the quail hunting we enjoyed in southern Ohio. I primarily target trout and bass, but also fish for walleye, panfish, catfish, and carp. Edging into steelhead. Only fish for salmon on charters. There's some great muskie and pike water around here but just haven't taken the jump. Need more time! What about you?

Leave a comment:

• westjoe
    replied
    I live in NC, i also like the live traps as well too. I'm looking forward to getting prepared for next years season and have a good time. Do you hunt or fish anything specific?

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I am not a trapper (except for live trapping pests with a Havahart) but envy those with the knowledge and skills for it. An older friend put himself through school by running trap lines in Michigan's UP. Pretty cool that you are taking it up.

Not sure where you are located, but I was at a Gander Mountain yesterday and noticed a large selection supply of trapping gear. Jay's in Michigan also carries supplies.

Leave a comment:

• westjoe
    replied
    Thanks for the comments/advice guys, and Jim in Mo i agree with you that trapping is becoming an lost art but however I think that's what's wrong with our country today. We have no value in old ways or traditions and sell out culture because a couple of people cry about cruelty to animals. I think as a country we should revert to some older ways of thinking.....That's what made our country strong before, so why shouldn't it work now. Hunterkid94

Leave a comment:

• westjoe
    replied
    Thanks for the comments/advice guys, and Jim in Mo i agree with you that trapping is becoming an lost art but however I think that's what's wrong with our country today. We have no value in old ways or traditions and sell out culture because a couple of people cry about cruelty to animals. I think as a country we should revert to some older ways of thinking.....That's what made our country strong before, so why shouldn't it work now. Hunterkid94 I'll email you soon.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    The PETA creeps have pretty much ruined the market for fur. Kansas is overrun with 'coons 'cause almost nobody traps or hunts them. It's nothing to be Turkey hunting and see several out in broad daylight looking for something to eat.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    westjoe, what are you trying to trap? Traping is becoming a lost art.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    yea ive got some foot traps for smaller game stashed in my grandmas garage and even a guy that might be able to give me some that i sould sell to you. you can e mail me at [email protected] you mite have to wait so i can make sure i have enough. ill probly never use em anyways.

Leave a comment:

• I have became interested in the sport of trapping and would like to ask anybody if they have any they might part with for a reas

I have became interested in the sport of trapping and would like to ask anybody if they have any they might part with for a reasonable price......I have looked around where i live and cannot find any at local stores.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad