Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I shot myself a Badger this weekend. I am thinking of having it rugged. Any other ideas or mount suggestions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shot myself a Badger this weekend. I am thinking of having it rugged. Any other ideas or mount suggestions???

I shot myself a Badger this weekend. I am thinking of having it rugged. Any other ideas or mount suggestions???

I'd get him mounted coming over a log,or peeking out of a hole.
    What was he doing prior to you shooting him?

Comment

I have a badger bomber hat. Super warm and a lot of girls come up and rub it. Love to see badger mounts with the claws bared. Maybe one with the head and front paws coming out of the hole, and use the hide for something else.

Comment

Next bear I get, I’m thinking of making a rug out of it and have the mouth shut like a trap that catches burglar’s feet. Imagine 3 in the morning, you break into a house and something clamps down on your foot and you look down to see this massive bear head!!

Comment

Make a paste of Alum and Kosher salt (not iodized salt) After you have the hide scraped clean of flesh and membrane stretch it on a hoop or nail it to a board (flesh out) lay about 3/4 of an inch thick of Alum/salt paste on the flesh and put it aside in a dry dark place for a week or so. Once dried you have a tawed hide suitable for a rug. I did this with sheep, goat and rabbit hides and it works pretty good.

Comment

My buddy ran one over with his car and then turned the hide into a longbow arrow quiver. It was pretty cool.

Comment

i say you should do atleast somthing with it, badgers have beautiful coats.

Comment

I would highly recommend creating a loin cloth from the badger fur. Tarzan did this years ago, and he can swing form trees. Best wishes!

Comment

Make him a Rug!

Comment

Make him a Rug!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                      by crm3006
                      Don't want to go into the Urban Dictionary definition of bandicoot. Suffice it to say large, destructive RAT, "professing a position or idea of utter...
                      Today, 12:38 PM
                    • Trump
                      by Danbo
                      https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                      04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                    • Reply to Trump
                      by bowhunter75richard
                      Pmacc, my definition of bandicoot is :

Any of several very large rats that are destructive of grain fields. But used in this case as destructive...
                      Today, 12:30 PM
                    • Reply to Could Trump Possibly Win?
                      by 99explorer
                      After all, what Trump wanted from the Ukrainian president was the ANNOUNCEMENT of a Biden investigation that he could use against Biden in the campaign....
                      Today, 12:30 PM
                    • Could Trump Possibly Win?
                      by rock rat
                      Absolutely.

Nationally the popular vote looks like a stretch, electoral college looks more possible daily.

Nate Sanders gives...
                      Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X