No announcement yet.

what do you think of .410 shotguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like a 20ga better than a 410 because its cheaper to shoot. it doesnt destroy the meat either.

Comment

I think it's a great caliber to get younger hunters started.

Comment

My first shotgunning experience was with a .410, and I think it's a fine choice to keep squirrels and rabbits on the campfire or to stay in practice on hand-thrown clays. I wouldn't rely on it as my ONLY shotgun, but I'd purchase another for the pure fun of it.

Comment

i like 20s more because you can hunt everything from squirills to deer

Comment

my cousins hunt small game with two over under .410s i peronally like the firepower of a 20 or 12 gaure but the .410 is fin to shoot and very versatile. worth keeping.

Comment

I think there great. A good ole single shot squirrel hunting is awesome. That's what i grew up doing here in NC. good times

Comment

I don't like it that game loads are higher for it than my 12! My daughter has one that I'm waiting for her to grow into. I used them for rabbits and squirrels when I was a kid. Oh yeah Water Moccasins to its a great snake gun!

Comment

There good for squirrels

Comment

what about .410 for deer?

Comment

one with a full choke Perfect for gound swating grouse

Comment

Those who've never owned one, will undoubtedly not recommend it, but the fact is, if u learn to shoot a .410 well, you well be a holy terror on trap,rabbits,quail,squirrels, u name it, when you grow into .20's and .12's. Wouldn't recommend it for deer, unless it's your only option, and you've got a spot offering a CLOSE shot. It is too bad the ammo's high

Comment

I don't like them the smallest id go is a 20 gauge

Comment

ammo for a 410 is more expensive than 12 gauge shells

Comment

My first gun was a .410 and I still use it.

Comment

Its a great way to train at the range, especially for competition trap shooting. If you can hit consistently with a .410, you'll be deadly when it comes time to pull out the 12 gauge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad