Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of .410 shotguns?

what do you think of .410 shotguns?

I love .410 shotguns, my first pheasant and grouse hunts were done with a .410. I especially like using a .410 for grouse hunting when I'm in thick spruce cover. The barrel is usually shorter and is easier to use in the thick.

Comment

yeah thats definatly a plus side my dad uses a 12 guage and i use my old .410 i can minuver my gun through the thicker cover a lot easier plus it doesnt make a mess when you hit the bird ive seen a lot of people completely destroy their birds just because of the power of their guns

Comment

Well, I think a .410 is good for thick cover and squirrel hunting. It doesn't damage the meat too much and it's light. Also, for your first turkey hunt it will work but you need to go bigger caliber once you get older. Overall I think they're a pretty handy gun to own.

Comment

Buy a 20 gauge or use a 22.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don’t remember the make and model but it was a 410 bolt and as a kid, I was out shooting adults dove hunting!

Comment

someone that hit a flying dove with a .410 is a great shot, I think its a gun for more experienced hunters rather than beginning hunters like it is often used

Comment

I use mine mainly for squirrel and rabit hunting. If you can find a .22/.410 or 20ga combination over under that way you get the best of both worlds. Thats what I have.

Comment

I love to shoot 410's and 28's for dove, quail, squirrel and rabbits. But ammo is much cheaper for a 20 and it has a larger charge of shot. I agree with herbie my first was a 410.

Comment

My philosophy with guns...bigger is better.

Comment

I love .410 shotguns they are great for small game and birds. it is also fun to shoot skeet with them because it is more of a challenge

Comment

They're fun to shoot cans with.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad