Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have any good thoughts about those shotguns that can switch from a shotgun to a .22. Im thinking about getting one f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone have any good thoughts about those shotguns that can switch from a shotgun to a .22. Im thinking about getting one f

does anyone have any good thoughts about those shotguns that can switch from a shotgun to a .22. Im thinking about getting one for grouse hunting for my first time but dont know what to think about them

i have a 20 gauge that switches over to a 30-30 and it is the best single shot gun that i own. it is very accurate, and for an older gun it is pretty light weight. i would say go for it

Comment

Not sure if you mean a switch barrel or a combo gun like the Savage 24F. If you mean a combo gun then I wouldn't get one for grouse. Carrying around extra weight that you can't use. Also, some states do not allow you to carry rifle rounds when you are bird hunting with a shotgun.

I prefer (actually, need) a shotgun with multi-round capability for grouse. However, with a light single shot shotgun like an NEF you know that one shot has to count.

Sorry, no experience with the switch barrels. I'd be interested in finding out how the ones with pistol grips work for the quick handling shots required with grouse.

Comment

I would prefer having two seperate things. But I guess it is out of the question since you are asking such a question. I would go with it and see how it works. I mean it is the best shot you got, unless you want to buy each one seperate...

Comment

MLH I do not mean a combo gun i mean a switch barrel but thanks for the advice!

Comment

MLH. You can actually switch the barrels from a shotgun barrel to a 22.

I have seen them before, and they look pretty cool. They would be handy because you wouldn't have to have 2 guns, just 1.

Comment

check with charles daly and cz shotguns europe has many imports for them.

Comment

You are probably thinking about the Rossi. I was thinking along the lines of the T/C Encore and Contender.

Comment

ya i think they were called rossi

Comment

My friend has one that is a .223 and 12 gauge that he uses for coyote hunting and he loves it.

Comment

its areal good thing to have for game that you have a chance to spot on the ground like a rabbit or a squirrel because u can use the 22 to shoot it sitting so u dont mess up the meat and the shotgun if it runs. Grouse not so much cause u only have a split second to shoot it on the ground if u wish before it flushes. and its only a single shot, so when u miss the first time u only get one shot at it.

Comment

My neighbors Michael son have the Rossi Youth Size Miniloader Matched Set and He loves it very much!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad