Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys I am thinkin about buying a .22 mainly for squirrel hunting i have a .22 already but is encountered alot of problems l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I am thinkin about buying a .22 mainly for squirrel hunting i have a .22 already but is encountered alot of problems l

Hey guys I am thinkin about buying a .22 mainly for squirrel hunting i have a .22 already but is encountered alot of problems lately , What is a good set up for around $500 total. I was thinking about a cz 452 and a nice scope. what would you guys reccomend.

sorry for the double post

Comment

why are you asking us? get the cz and never look back!!!

Comment

I think BeeKeeper has a CZ, says it's really nice. I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

The Savage MKII line is not bad either. Mine is shooting 1/2" groups at 50 yards.

Comment

Under 3/8ths at 50 with regular ammo for my Mk. II. Will probably shoot a 1/4 inch with good target stuff.

Comment

We used CZ 452s on the shooting team. I think they run a little under $400 at my local shop. Like $370 or so.

Comment

i think a henry golden boy 22mag is a great squirrel gun

Comment

IMHO~~ The Ruger 10/22M @Wal-Mart is a great buy
                Under $300.00 and a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope $79.00
                this combo will last you a life time. and if you ever
                sell this set/up in 22Mag, you will get your money back if not more.

Comment

I'd get a Ruger 10/22, put a cheap scope on it, and you'd still have money left over for some extra clips and a couple thousand rounds of ammo. I've had my 10/22 for 23 years, and could bore you to death for hours with stories of great shots with it Get plain old 22lr, and don't worry about resale, that thought will never cross your mind once you shoot it.
                  Good luck with your new gun.

Comment

I like the Ruger 10-22 as well. A bolt action can be very accurate but you will have a lot of fun plinking with an autoloader and it can be as accurate as you will ever need. You aren't likely to have malfunctions with it either.

Comment

I agree, the Ruger 10/22 is an excellent purchase and one of my favorite .22 rimfires, but my primary squirrel and jackrabbit eliminator is a stainless Ruger M77/22M bolt action in .22 WRM. You can add that to the list of good choices.
                      I don't know what the retail price may be at this time; I traded another firearm for it, and never regretted the choice.

Comment

EDJ, from what ive heard the .22 wrm is a little powerful for squirrrel how does it work for you

Comment

HEY CDMA4321. Get the your A## of this site. no one needs your chines cheap labor crap

Comment

that goes for you too eeaaaa

Comment

get a henry .22 lever gun doesent even have to be a fancy one shot one once and liked it so much i am going to get one of my own tommorow. all you need is iron sight on it and i am spend ing exactly $298.53 for it it will save you about $200 you chould spend on othe stuff.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                You are smoking some bad weed.
                                Today, 03:42 AM
                              • How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                                Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
                                In fact, he is the
                                Yesterday, 11:55 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
                                Yesterday, 11:32 PM
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
                                Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X