Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duh! reading some rabbit recipes, they keep talking about the Loin, but I am too dumb to be sure what they mean by the "loin"? c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duh! reading some rabbit recipes, they keep talking about the Loin, but I am too dumb to be sure what they mean by the "loin"? c

Duh! reading some rabbit recipes, they keep talking about the Loin, but I am too dumb to be sure what they mean by the "loin"? can anyone help?

wow, Fudd, ya mean when ya butcher bunnies ya leave out the backstrap... it runs from front legs to hind legs along back... ya get five good sizer's in one hunt thats 10 backstraps..yummy!! plus all the rest of the bunny!

Comment

the meat along the backbone, also called tenderloin. its the best part of the animal for a lot of people

Comment

The back or as some people call it around here the saddle.

Comment

Its Bunnie back strap!

Comment

We normally just cut the hind legs off and leave the rib cage with the front legs and fry it with the front legs

Comment

never focused on the backstrap of a rabbit like that. Tender part no doubt.

Comment

On any four legged animal, the muscle running along each side of the spine on the outside is called the "loin".
                Inside, running between the last few ribs and the hindquarters are two more muscles running along the spine. These are called the "tender loins".
                Next time you try a "T-bone" steak, note that the smaller piece of meat is much more tender than the larger side.
                Small piece: tenderloin
                Large piece: loin

Bubba

Comment

Originally posted by machinegunner View Post
                  wow, Fudd, ya mean when ya butcher bunnies ya leave out the backstrap. usa today protonmail.. it runs from front legs to hind legs along back... ya get five good sizer's in one hunt thats 10 backstraps..yummy!! plus all the rest of the bunny!
                  they keep talking about the Loin, but I am too dumb to be sure what they mean by the "loin"? can anyone help?
                  Last edited by CADYTANI; 09-23-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Season ends
                    by WA Mtnhunter
                    I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                    Today, 10:39 PM
                  • Season ends
                    by Ontario Honker Hunter
                    On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                    Today, 12:41 AM
                  • Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                    by Sarge01
                    If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
                    Today, 10:26 PM
                  • Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                    by bowhunter75richard
                    Virginia legislature has dropped it’s AR-15 confiscation ruling. They have now stated those who presently own these weapons can continue to do so,...
                    Today, 05:33 PM
                  • Reply to Pet Peeves
                    by fitch270
                    My boy does the "I mean" thing quite often, usually when he's trying to think of how to explain something. I have no idea where he got it from,...
                    Today, 10:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X