Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was out looking for a place for my buddy and I to hunt turkeys. I came across this little town out in the middle of nowhere,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with rezavoirdog answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    I agree with rezavoirdog, the worst they can do is tell you no. If they do say no, ask if they might know of someone that might let you hunt. And just remember to always be polite, it will get you further than may think.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    if the townspeople feed these birds and think of them as pets, however misguided that is, i'd go elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Try to get permission. If you have permission on just one tract of land, the turkey feeder weirdos can't bother you.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Pursue, if you really want to hunt them. You'll find out quick enough if the town in general is open to hunting the birds. You may ask 9 landowners, and the 10th one, may welcome you with open arms. If not, no big deal, just keep scouting for gobblers. You won't know if you don't ask...

Leave a comment:

• I was out looking for a place for my buddy and I to hunt turkeys. I came across this little town out in the middle of nowhere,

I was out looking for a place for my buddy and I to hunt turkeys. I came across this little town out in the middle of nowhere, ended up talking to a gentleman who helped me get some poperty owners names. I spend another hour around the town knocking on some doors to get permission, end up finding out the several people in the town feed the birds. There are about 40 birds on the edge of this little town out on the eastern plains of Colorado. Should I persure permission, or should I give up and look else where because of the towns people.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad