Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've thought about buyin a coon dog for a while, what do you recomend and when's the best time to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've thought about buyin a coon dog for a while, what do you recomend and when's the best time to buy?

I've thought about buyin a coon dog for a while, what do you recomend and when's the best time to buy?

Any breed of hound will work, I prefer walkers because thats what I grew up hunting, I've hunted with some great dogs of every color. The key is to hunt with the dog at least once before you buy it. Right now isn't too bad of a time since is mid season and most dogs will be going at full strenght. If you want a competition dog it is early competion season and you might look into going to a hunt and trying to find a dog there. UKC has a good website with classifieds and coondawgs.com is another good one. Depending on where you live I know a couple guys in Kansas trying to sell some hounds right just let me know.

Comment

I am a big fan of Walkers. They seem to have a switch that flips when you know they are trained and will have coons on their mind 24/7

Comment

Ive used blueticks my whole life and swear by them. Awesome dogs and very loyal.

Comment

Hound dogs the old hunting dogs

Comment

Bluetics are what we used, anytime is a good time to buy but it works out good when the dog is at least a year old when season starts.

Comment

I would say a good ol' blood hound. Probably right now is the best time to buy as the market is horrible. People are practically giving away pets.

Comment

Buy it now!

Comment

There is variety of dogs for sale in market. All dogs are best for buying. If you want to buy dog with multiple selection then I must suggest you to check out 100orless classifieds site. Here you get variety of dog’s types in affordable rate along with cash on delivery.
                  <b><a href="http://www.100orless.ca/Pets/7/Animals/28">buy used dog</a></b>

Comment

There is variety of dogs for sale in market. All dogs are best for buying. If you want to buy dog with multiple selection then I must suggest you to check out 100orless classifieds site. Here you get variety of dog’s types in affordable rate along with cash on delivery.
                    <b><a href="http://www.100orless.ca/Pets/7/Animals/28">buy used dog</a></b>

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad