Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you catch a Racoon or oppossom in a live trap what do you do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would either let it go or shoot it with a .22

Comment

if I cought them all the time I would sometimes shoot the coon unless it was terring stuff upthem I would shoot but let the possum go.

Comment

No reason to kill them, just drop them off far away where they'll be someone else' problem.

Comment

If you want the skin shoot 'em and skin it, if not let 'em go.

Comment

Racoons carry the parvo virus, after losing two dogs to parvo i have no sympathy or love for the coon, kill it quick however it suits you.

Comment

Those who don't believe in "killing" the coons obviously only "hunt" & don't raise any animals. You might have a different opinion if you woke up many mornings to find dead rabbits and chickens that you raise & feed every day. "let 'em live"? Don't think so!!! Let me guess, you voted for Obama too didn't you. Let's let the terrorist all go free too. Let's slap murderers on the hand and rehab'em.
              They are filthy animals that need to be dealt with
              when being a nuisances.

Comment

For those of you who are hunters and keep saying, oh keep it a sport are just a bunch of tards because this post is about people that trap and happen to get a coon. These aren't people in the sport and could care less about the sport you tard. Here's what I have to say though. The guy who mentioned killing them for the sake of helping other species has a point. I had one rabbit in my area for years. Got rid of the coons and now have plenty rabbit and turkey and many others. Coons are murdering virus carriers. Killem all.

Comment

Richie, you are one sick puppy!

Comment

Richie, you are one sick puppy!

Comment

Perty much if they're killin turkey and spreading diseases and you like your turkey, you kill em. However you feel just, either way. I care more about my turkey population to get a big Tom than to have some dumbass coon fucking up the animal population.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad