Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i cant find any thing saying it or is not legal to hunt coyotes at night in tennessee. where could i go to find out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant find any thing saying it or is not legal to hunt coyotes at night in tennessee. where could i go to find out

i cant find any thing saying it or is not legal to hunt coyotes at night in tennessee. where could i go to find out

Try calling 615-781-6500. If they can not help they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Coyote Hunting In Tennessee
      Private land
      Season open year-round, 30-minutes before sunrise to
      30-minutes after sunset.
      Legal equipment:
      During big game seasons: A licensed big game hunter
      may hunt with what is legal during the particular big
      game season. If not licensed to big game hunt, hunters
      may use shotguns with #4 shot or smaller, rimfire rifles, muzzleloaders, archery.
      Other than big game seasons: all rifles (centerfire or rimfire), muzzleloaders, archery,
      shotguns with T (0.20 inch diameter) or smaller shot.
      Possession of firearms is prohibited while chasing coyote with dogs from the first Saturday
      in November through the end of the deer season.
      Wildlife Management Areas
      Season open when another small game or big game season is open on the WMA.
      Legal equipment:
      If small game seasons are open on the WMA: equipment legal for hunting the small
      game that is open.
      If big game seasons are open on the WMA: coyotes may be taken by legal big game
      hunters with any big game equipment and ammunition that is legal for the season open.

Comment

Try calling your local fish, wildlife and parks office. They should will you. I don't know if that is what santa gave you or not it might be. But you can goggle it or look it up in a phone book.

Comment

Sorry I meant they should know not they should will you.

Comment

2p0ppa you get that out of the twra book?

Comment

boomer1,
              santa give you a pertinent number to call..I call that number and I spoke to Mary Allen the Wildlife Commission..She said you can hunt them all year round but only 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes before sundown..I hope this help you a little bit

Comment

The current law says that it is illegal to hunt coyote at night in Tennessee.

Comment

Legal or not, I would say not a good idea hunting at night. Too many accidents I know have happened at night, just not worth it

Comment

neylandfan- Yep!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Abortion Up To States
                      by 99explorer
                      When an appeals court reviews a case, it looks at past rulings on the subject for a precedent, as the question of law may already have been decided....
                      Today, 11:11 AM
                    • Abortion Up To States
                      by jhjimbo
                      Court reversed abortion, back to the States where it should have been in the first place. Let them vote on it.
                      Yesterday, 12:22 PM
                    • Reply to TGIF; Party Time
                      by PigHunter
                      Right Said Fred - "I'm Too Sexy"

And I'm too sexy for your party
                      Too sexy for your party
                      No way I'm disco dancing...
                      Today, 10:21 AM
                    • TGIF; Party Time
                      by fitch270
                      Almost, Friday evening actually but looking for a play list, lol.

Getting it rolling with The Cars.

06-22-2022, 10:06 AM
                    • Reply to You guys are sleeping
                      by 99explorer
                      I think what you are saying is that our elected officials would disarm the public to prevent an armed insurrection.
                      Not for reasons of public safety,...
                      Today, 10:16 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X