Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you squirrel hunt with a .22 or shotgun and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agree with hunt_fish_sleep!

Leave a comment:

• delweaver
    replied
    .22 is what I use now I have shot a squirrel with a shotgun but I couldn't find the squirrel after I shot it. So I stick with the .22

Leave a comment:

• CoastieJim82
    replied
    Marlin 22. Less to clean out of the squirrel and good pratice. heck of a lot cheaper too.

Leave a comment:

• Kansashuntandfish
    replied
    22 for the most part but I have shot squirrels in brush piles while rabbit hunting with a shotgun

Leave a comment:

• YoungHunter14
    replied
    i use my grandads 1965 savage arms 4-10 22 longrifle over under. it works well because if you miss with the 22 u just switch to the 4-10 and shoot.

Leave a comment:

• eginzberg
    replied
    I use my marlin xt-22 with a tasco 3-9x40 scope and go for headshots it spoils no meat

Leave a comment:

• huntingismylife99
    replied
    I use a Ruger 10/22,it's a hoot to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• smallgamehunter25
    replied
    .22 iron sights is the fun way to go

Leave a comment:

• txtrapper
    replied
    I started hunting them with a 20 guage whenever I was a young teenager. I soon went to a scoped out .22 and now i switched to a .22MAG just for long range accuracy. I agree that a shotgun tears up to much of the meat,but I let the youngun's use a shotgun and harass my hunting partners when they show up with a scattergun. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• smallgamehunter
    replied
    i use a ruger 10/22 with iron sights

Leave a comment:

• droptine
    replied
    I have all of you beat, I use a .32 caliber flintlock. Probably the funnest hunting, even though you dont kill many.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I usually used .22 for hunting squirrel and I been using it since I was a little eight years old!!!

Leave a comment:

• wildcaller11
    replied
    I prefer a .22. It has more range, and is more precise.

Leave a comment:

• jhart2
    replied
    mostly my shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• huntingkid95
    replied
    I use a shotgun because I live in southern michigan and we can't use rifles below the saginaw area. When I hunt them at my cabin I use both. Use a shotgun more though because of the thick brush.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad