Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you squirrel hunt with a .22 or shotgun and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a Ruger 10/22,it's a hoot to shoot.

Comment

I use my marlin xt-22 with a tasco 3-9x40 scope and go for headshots it spoils no meat

Comment

i use my grandads 1965 savage arms 4-10 22 longrifle over under. it works well because if you miss with the 22 u just switch to the 4-10 and shoot.

Comment

22 for the most part but I have shot squirrels in brush piles while rabbit hunting with a shotgun

Comment

Marlin 22. Less to clean out of the squirrel and good pratice. heck of a lot cheaper too.

Comment

.22 is what I use now I have shot a squirrel with a shotgun but I couldn't find the squirrel after I shot it. So I stick with the .22

Comment

Agree with hunt_fish_sleep!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad