Weekend Outings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Standard heat rate is $3.14 but we have several price tiers based on usage so it can be more or less depending. Our pre-buy price was about what your at now so those folks who bought in are saving huge this year.
    So far, is this winter colder, warmer or about the same temps.?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Standard heat rate is $3.14 but we have several price tiers based on usage so it can be more or less depending. Our pre-buy price was about what your at now so those folks who bought in are saving huge this year.
      My provider (I have a choice of 3) doesn't offer a pre-buy option. None of them do.
      We're kinda at the mercy of the market.
      We do have a choice of "monthly" service or "minimum delivery".
      We use so little gas, monthly would be a real pain to a delivery driver.
      AND...."minimum delivery", I can schedule and budget for instead of another monthly bill.

Edit: a "minimum delivery" is 100 gallons and is normally delivered within 48 hours.
      Last edited by FirstBubba; 01-29-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

So far, is this winter colder, warmer or about the same temps.?
        I don’t know the official stats for the winter so far but past couple weeks have been bitter cold. We’re probably behind on snowfall but that’s fine with me. I’ll take cold with good travel conditions over moderate temps with more snow and ice.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Where on the lake do you set up ? By Brewerton, Cleveland ?
          Yesterday I went out of Williams beach on south shore. We caught a few big perch and couple undersized Walleye.
          We didn't move around much yesterday.

I usually go out of Cleveland either at the dock or down the rd to Godfrey on the north shore.
          I also go to Chapman park on the south shore near town of Sullivan.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Yesterday I went out of Williams beach on south shore. We caught a few big perch and couple undersized Walleye.
            We didn't move around much yesterday.

I usually go out of Cleveland either at the dock or down the rd to Godfrey on the north shore.
            I also go to Chapman park on the south shore near town of Sullivan.
            We used to go a little West of Lewis Pt. for bass and around the second buoy west from Sylvan Beach for deep water walleye - I think it gets down to 40+ feet. For shallow water walleye in 20' of water off Sylvan Beach among the weeds use 3/4oz yellow feather jig with a worm on a trailer treble hook about 2" back, jig 1 to 2' off bottom. You can get close to the bed about 3/4 way out on the Sylvan Beach pier. On the Canal side of the pier you can get occasional Northern on a red/white dare devil or a Rapala. Good night fishing there with a Coleman lantern to if you can stand the bugs.
            We could not get into Cleveland, too shallow with shoals all the way out to the channel.
            Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-30-2022, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Memorial Day previously Decoration Day
              by jhjimbo
              Think of all those in the Military that lost their life. We visit the Cemetaries we can before the cook out begins.
              If you get together enough money...
              Yesterday, 11:33 PM
            • Reply to Fawns
              by jhjimbo
              No sightings of anything in the normal places - don't know why?...
              Yesterday, 11:05 PM
            • Fawns
              by MattM37
              How's your local herd doing? Around here I seldom see many fawns in May, but everything seems to be a couple-three weeks ahead of schedule and we'll...
              Yesterday, 07:21 PM
            • Reply to Fawns
              by jhjimbo
              Another thing not to do. One evening my Sister was driving home in the Adirondacks. On their small two lane road a fawn was in the middle, trying to...
              Yesterday, 11:00 PM
            • Reply to New Weatherby Load
              by jhjimbo
              I am using a different kind of bullet in my 9mm Remington pistol. It is Remington's 'Black Belt'. The rear of the bullet is a belt like a 'o' ring...
              Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X