Moose Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool, congrats!

Have seen several live moose in Maine and New Hampshire, including a couple bulls. Stopped at a check station once while grouse hunting in Maine, guy had a beauty on a utility trailer, took up the entire bed.

Old joke

Where’s the best place to shoot a moose?

Next to a backhoe.

Comment

Next to a backhoe.

(Snarf, snark, snort, giggle, snerk!)🤣😂🤗🚜⛓🚁

Next to a backhoe indeed! (Snerkle, snort!)

You be's a real comodian fitch270! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Very cool, congrats!

Have seen several live moose in Maine and New Hampshire, including a couple bulls. Stopped at a check station once while grouse hunting in Maine, guy had a beauty on a utility trailer, took up the entire bed.

Old joke

Next to a backhoe.

No Joke Fitch 😁. If people are hunting near an active logging operation they'll often throw a skidder operator a few bucks to get their moose out. The State really pushes quartering these days. I suspect they've had issues with spoilage for moose that are brought out whole. The hide is so thick it just traps the heat. We had a borrowed trailer lined up for the trip but after seeing what the weather was going to be, I told my dad to leave it behind.

Comment

Congratulations on a great hunt!. I miss my dad and wish that I had had a chance to do some north country things with him. Enjoy your moose. I've never tasted an eastern moose but I'll bet they are as good as the Yukon variety that I've had the chance to munch on!!

Comment

Congrats on the moose.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
              Very cool, congrats!

Old joke

Next to a backhoe.

Long story short shot an 8 point buck in Maryland while i was stationed there in the Marines. Anyways shot him still hunting back to the house on a 4 wheeler trail. Guy that let me hunt jumped on his bobcat I jumped in the bucket. Easiest recover I’ve ever made.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad