No announcement yet.

License Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy online and then print for signing. No tag lottery here. I don't hunt waterfowl so no federal stamp and I don't fish saltwater. Total $86.05 including freshwater fishing and plastic wallet card.

Here's last year's receipt. In three years I'll be 65 and that means free Resident Hunting and Fishing, saving about $50

Click image for larger version  Name:	License Cost.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	777011
    Last edited by PigHunter; 08-05-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      Last hunting license I bought was $56.
      You buy the license then you have to buy a $20 deer tag. To fully tag out, seven deer, it costs $140 for tags. That's $196 for all deer tags. Then there is the turkey tags. Three annually, so figure another $30.
      So, for a full year, tags and license will cost a resident hunter $226!
      That doesn't include access fees to some of Oklahoma's management areas.
      Oh yeah, Fed Duck stamp.

In Texas, you purchase a "Combination Hunting and Fishing" license. I think it's like, $75 now.
      That comes with all appropriate annual tags for whitetail, mule deer and turkeys.
      There is an archery stamp and some salt water fishing stamps or tags, but for the single sum, you get all the tags you're allowed in a year.
      Does the state of Oklahoma have some kind of anti-hunting agenda? Those tag fees are surprising.

Comment

I buy most online. The amount of buying has diminished though since I have a lifetime license in Georgia where I do most of my hunting and fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

What do you mean by a back-tag credit card?
          Lifetime NY license is a credit card type and size license. Only tags are paper.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Does the state of Oklahoma have some kind of anti-hunting agenda? Those tag fees are surprising.
            MattM37, I live within 11 miles of the Red River. One place I hunt, I'm within 50 yards of Red River and can see into Texas.

Texas deer season opens Nov 1 and runs through about Jan 15.
            Oklahoma has a 9 day (Sat through the following Sunday) Primitive Arms (muzzle loader) season.
            Deer - Regular Gun opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving and closes the first Sunday in December. Two weeks! (16 days)
            Oklahoma also has a one week (9 day) "Bonus Antlerless" season between Christmas and New Years.

If you're an Oklahoma hunter and not an archery hunter, trigger time is short. Holding out for a "bigger buck" may mean no meat in the freezer.

Oklahoma has gazoodles of deer!
            Why the hell can't WE have a 2 month season too?

I probably need to quit complaining. When we moved up here in 2002, season was only 9 days! (one week!)

Personally, I think that because we only have a short season, it encourages people who may not have time to get out to poach.
            If you can't find a couple of days or a weekend or two in a two month season, you don't need to be hunting anyway!

P.S. - Texas and Oklahoma have similar "Archery" seasons. Oct 1 through about mid Jan.
            Last edited by FirstBubba; 08-05-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
              by MattM37
              Thanks, Fitch -- interesting info, and you also triggered some good memories of my friend in high school who introduced me to punk and alternative music....
              Today, 05:27 PM
            • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
              by fitch270
              So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
              09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
            • Reply to VooDoo
              by franchi20
              Almost all of the Haitian immigrants at Del Rio came from Chile and left the ground littered with paper work that would get them deported because of residency...
              Today, 05:17 PM
            • VooDoo
              by jhjimbo
              These are the people streaming into the U.S. ilegially.
              https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...IRBPRS&first=1...
              09-19-2021, 04:17 AM
            • Reply to Real Quiet
              by crm3006
              From BH75R- " But to be fair, that could also be said about me by a few on the site........"

Possibly by the two morons, maybe...
              Today, 04:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X