X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Best wishes and continued "smoothness" as you move forward sir! God speed.
    Thanks, Bubba! All the best!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
    My old Lab (late) and I spent a couple of years including 2 winters building our dream home on the mountain. I know where everything is and I sure hate to leave it, too. I was just there today delivering the flooring. His water dish and bed were still there. First time I’ve been back since we let him go at 14. Good memories!
    Best wishes and continued "smoothness" as you move forward sir! God speed.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    My old Lab (late) and I spent a couple of years including 2 winters building our dream home on the mountain. I know where everything is and I sure hate to leave it, too. I was just there today delivering the flooring. His water dish and bed were still there. First time I’ve been back since we let him go at 14. Good memories!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied

Smoothly might be a little overstated. Can’t get movers close to date we wanted, but got a date that works. House sold for more than we targeted so that’s all good. Thanks!
    Hope all continues.... uhmm... well.
    We've only sold one house and we did a lot better than I expected! 😳
    Knowing what I knew about the house, sure glad it's somebody else's headache, now!
    I (we, she drove nails too!) built our present home. At least now I "KNOW" what's causing the headache! LOL! Less guessing!
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 06-18-2021, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

How's the relocation progressing?
    Admirably I'm hoping.
    Smoothly might be a little overstated. Can’t get movers close to date we wanted, but got a date that works. House sold for more than we targeted so that’s all good. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Where is he off to?
    No idea and it's none of my business. The man simply stated he would be relocating in the near future.
    I was basically just wishing him well and hopes that it was progressing smoothly.
    Moving (relocating?) can be very stressful... even without glitches and hiccups!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Where is he off to?

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    If the 6.5x55 is a 6.5 CM using a walker, then the 6.5-300 Weatherby is a 6.5 CM riding an F-16! 😂

The reason I don’t have a 6.5 CM is that I have a couple of .25 caliber rifles and 7mm’s plus a .308 and .300 Savage bracketing the .264 bore. If I had no other calibers under .30, I’d probably get one. Same goes for the .243 and .270’s. I think the CM is a fine cartridge, just Creedmoor Fatigue from all the hash spewed by the gun pundits. Be well, all.
    How's the relocation progressing?
    Admirably I'm hoping.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    If the 6.5x55 is a 6.5 CM using a walker, then the 6.5-300 Weatherby is a 6.5 CM riding an F-16! 😂

The reason I don’t have a 6.5 CM is that I have a couple of .25 caliber rifles and 7mm’s plus a .308 and .300 Savage bracketing the .264 bore. If I had no other calibers under .30, I’d probably get one. Same goes for the .243 and .270’s. I think the CM is a fine cartridge, just Creedmoor Fatigue from all the hash spewed by the gun pundits. Be well, all.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Meh.........

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    .25-06 Rem. vs 6.5 Creedmoor — Cartridge Clash

The .25-06 Rem. scorches past the 6.5 Creedmoor in terms of sheer speed, but in terms of rifle and ammo availability, the Creedmoor wins hands down.

A fair comparison of the .25-06 and the 6.5 CM. They are virtually neck and neck in performance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	25-06-rem-vs-65-creedmoor-1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	773705

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/edit...e-clash/386825

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    250 ? Hell my 6.5 Swede can do that before lunch.
    Yep, and that 6.5 Swede is just a 6.5 Creedmoor using a walker.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    250 ? Hell my 6.5 Swede can do that before lunch.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    Well, I'm interested in results. The lease I'm joining will have most shots less than 100 yards but a couple of stands could present 250 yard shots. The Creedmoor will be good for that if I do my part, independent of what some gun writer or range pundit says about the cartridge.
    I bet you will do just fine.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Well, I'm interested in results. The lease I'm joining will have most shots less than 100 yards but a couple of stands could present 250 yard shots. The Creedmoor will be good for that if I do my part, independent of what some gun writer or range pundit says about the cartridge.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad