Thermal hog hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal hog hunting.

Unsportsmanlike conduct or necessary management tool?

https://youtu.be/FW3k80Vuq34

I am not sure there needs to be any sportsmanlike conduct in the attempt of ridding the country of feral hogs ! Since actually that eradication is impossible in the first place, any attempt to lessen the problem is a go.......!

Comment

Some good shooting going on there.

Comment

Think I gotta agree with you, bhr! 😉!

Lot'sa missing going on too! LOL!
        First 2 or 3 shots are "killa"! Then, "active target" takes on a whole new meaning!

Comment

As far as I'm concerned all is fair in the eradication of pests. I enjoy hunting and would certainly like a few hogs or coyotes around to chase but I could live without that if they are harming others. When coyotes became a problem around me, Federal game management staff used cyanide baits to thin them out. That would likely work for hogs too and could also be "fair".
          Last edited by DakotaMan; 04-17-2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
            As far as I'm concerned all is fair in the irradiation of pests. I enjoy hunting and would certainly like a few hogs or coyotes around to chase but I could live without that if they are harming others. When coyotes became a problem around me, Federal game management staff used cyanide baits to thin them out. That would likely work for hogs too and could also be "fair".
            At one time, Texas A&M had (I think?) developed a toxin that only affected swine.
            For what ever reason, it was never released and the feral pig problem persists.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad