New Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter
    Jim, I appreciate the advice. But the original topic of this thread is about hunting and fishing. Are you planning any kind of new hunting or fishing this year?
    Sorry, posted in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

That's a bummer, alright. However, since turkey hunting is better done sitting still, anyway, if you could get someone to cart you out there, you could still sit and call and maybe get a shot.
      Good idea MattM37. Maybe I can pull that one off!
      I've got two guns I'm wanting desperately to take a turkey.
      One is my bolt action .410.
      The other is my Rem "Sportsman" 16 gauge. The barrel to the Rem is at Briley, being fitted with choke tubes.
      Hopefully, I can get the barrel back to test before leaving for Oklahoma. I hope!

Comment

Since we finally got a canoe last summer I’d like to fish a few miles of the river this year. The window of opportunity for good water levels can be small, hopefully we’ll get a shot in May when the water isn’t running high and cold and before it drops too low. I’ve gotten bored hitting all the easy access spots everyone pounds and don’t like having to hike a couple miles back to the truck anymore. Now that the Kid has his driver’s license we have several sections where we can launch from one spot and have a truck waiting down river.

I’m also planning on shooting more since I need to work on load development. That will be weather dependent as well. It always seems like whenever I plan on doing something conditions are lousy.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          Since we finally got a canoe last summer I’d like to fish a few miles of the river this year. The window of opportunity for good water levels can be small, hopefully we’ll get a shot in May when the water isn’t running high and cold and before it drops too low. I’ve gotten bored hitting all the easy access spots everyone pounds and don’t like having to hike a couple miles back to the truck anymore. Now that the Kid has his driver’s license we have several sections where we can launch from one spot and have a truck waiting down river.

I’m also planning on shooting more since I need to work on load development. That will be weather dependent as well. It always seems like whenever I plan on doing something conditions are lousy.
          Murphy's Law?
          I've been waiting for a "still" day to do some outdoor painting.
          This morning, wind swirling around me, I'm out here slinging paint, ignoring the trapped debris behind me. Can't see it from Oklahoma anyway! LOL!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad