• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf control in Wisconsin.

Very big "no problem" here.

"Hunters and trappers blow past Wisconsin's wolf kill target."

https://news.yahoo.com/hunters-trapp...164733759.html

I think there is a lot of SSS going on.
    Many years ago, while I was on a fishing trip to Minnesota, my guide told me that wolves were protected as an endangered species in the state.
    "But I shoot every damned one of them I see."

Comment

What a bunch of idiots can’t keep track of it. O well if they kill to many they’ll just stock them again.

Comment

And now they are re-stocking red wolves in North Carolina.

"Government offers plan to release more endangered red wolves."

https://news.yahoo.com/government-of...191339139.html

Comment

They ;killed about 260 and shut the season down in 3 days/

Comment

And they estimate some 3000 wolves in the State ! Without controls, just how many would there be ? I have no sympathy for wolves. This entire reintroduction BS is just that......BS !!!

Comment

Scientists who study wolves say you'd need to cull between 30 to 50 % per year to maintain a stable population. 260 out of 3000 won't even put a dent in the springtime pup population.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                Scientists who study wolves say you'd need to cull between 30 to 50 % per year to maintain a stable population. 260 out of 3000 won't even put a dent in the springtime pup population.
                Yeah, just try to explain that to any wolf advocate and see how far you get. These people have their heads so far up their butts, they can see their eye teeth !!

Comment

https://news.yahoo.com/wild-populati...163854568.html

Wild population of endangered Mexican wolves keeps growing.

Comment

When they stocked the hybrid coyotes here they went out of control. Killed a lot of small game and deer population. Then people went nuts hunting them. Finally a couple years ago the small game is bouncing back.

Comment

I have nothing against having wolves in an ecosystem as long as they remain controlled populations.

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter View Post
                        I have nothing against having wolves in an ecosystem as long as they remain controlled populations.
                        That goes without saying ! But in many instances, where are the controls, and under whose authority ? If the pro wolf people are in charge of that, there will be no controls. And if this is doubted, just take a look at the court actions that are instigated to stop hunts to maintain any form of wolf over population ! As long as there is a food source, wolves will continue to grow their pack size, no if’s and’s or but’s !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad