100 year additions, a little nostalgia would be nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 year additions, a little nostalgia would be nice

with all that is happening now I've dug out my 100 yr anniversary issues of the "Big3" remember Sports Afield? I'll share the covers with you as we all are looking back at this time of year. The Merriest of Christmas to all of you. Yes, I mean everybody. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.JPG
Views:	742
Size:	796.0 KB
ID:	764150 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2175.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	798.7 KB
ID:	764151 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2173.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	925.4 KB
ID:	764152 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2174.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	951.1 KB
ID:	764153

That’s awesome. That takes me back to when I was a kid checking them out at the school library. My step dad didn’t hunt. So I had to get it in how I could I always knew I wanted to be outdoors. My god how times have changed in just my lifetime. I’m sure a kid reading about guns and hunting at school nowadays would be sent to talk to a therapist.

Comment

Saw on tv a few weeks ago a kid was suspended from school because he had a gun in the classroom. Trouble was the "classroom" was his fathers home office where his shotgun was leaning in the corner in the background. He was doing online schooling from home, but that made it the schools classroom when he was in class online so the teacher reported him. He has to stay home till the new semester in January and he is blocked from learning online till then. I promise I'm not making it up. My wife's school sent out a warning to all students about background content when online learning.

Comment

When I first came to F&S, OL and SA were all available online. SA was the first ember to wink out.
        OL, as we've seen recently, was the next.
        F&S looks to be the "Last of the Mohicans"!

Comment

I can remember my early years in the mid ‘40’s, my grandpa’s hunting cabin in Lewiston, Mich., opening of deer season, the red and black checkered wool coats and trousers, rifles in the rack, grampa’s buds, hunting magazines with the beautiful front covers of magnificent bucks! The hunting stories, the laughter, the smell of coffee on the converted oil drum stove......damn, what a wonderful time to be a child who was lucky enough to be brought up in a hunting family of grandparents ! Thanks for bringing life back to reality dewman, it is a very nice Christmas present !!! I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas !

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            Saw on tv a few weeks ago a kid was suspended from school because he had a gun in the classroom. Trouble was the "classroom" was his fathers home office where his shotgun was leaning in the corner in the background. He was doing online schooling from home, but that made it the schools classroom when he was in class online so the teacher reported him. He has to stay home till the new semester in January and he is blocked from learning online till then. I promise I'm not making it up. My wife's school sent out a warning to all students about background content when online learning.
            Those people need to be severely slapped about the head and shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Those people need to be severely slapped about the head and shoulders.
              It simply indicates jimbo what this country will soon be ruled by, idiots who possess no thinking ability other than their own ‘woke’ thoughts of dumbassness ! We might as well prepare for the worse, and I am not smiling writing that........! Try and have a nice Christmas anyway, I make that wish to you !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

It simply indicates jimbo what this country will soon be ruled by, idiots who possess no thinking ability other than their own ‘woke’ thoughts of dumbassness ! We might as well prepare for the worse, and I am not smiling writing that........! Try and have a nice Christmas anyway, I make that wish to you !
                And a Merry Christmas to you.
                Are you back in the Country ?

Comment

Dewman, it looks like your spall chick is having a struggle with addition.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

And a Merry Christmas to you.
                    Are you back in the Country ?
                    NO !!!! And we are under stringent lockdowns here, very strict for the 24-25th. There will be further demonstrations over this !

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                      Dewman, it looks like your spall chick is having a struggle with addition.
                      I swear I typed edition. Bet I spelled it with 2 d's.

Comment

BHR75R: sorry you won't make it home for Christmas.

Comment

I swear I typed edition. Bet I spelled it with 2 d's.
                          Yeah, I've made typos in the subject line. No way to edit that. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

BHR75R: sorry you won't make it home for Christmas.
                            I know dewman, and I thank you for your thoughts. It probably is not the worst thing that could happen with all that others are going through, but it is high on the list!
                            I will depend on you and others on the site to have a wonderful time with your families, that will give me a peaceful feeling ! May you all stay safe, and try not to break all your presents the first couple of days after opening !!! I wish all you fellas and your families a sehr shöne Weinachten zeit !

Comment

Found another throwback. It's the catalog they gave me when I bought my BAR 7mag in 1974! And the ivory walrus dad brought back when he was stationed in Alaska! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2177.PNG
Views:	153
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	764305 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2183.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	837.8 KB
ID:	764306

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad