Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is On Your List ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Is On Your List ?

    Have you filled out your Christmas list yet ? So far I have only put 'Heat Holders' socks on my list. Great for work or hunting, best I have found so far. I went by local Cabela's Monday and it was packed - somebody is going to be happy Christmas. Jim

  • #2
    Just another sunrise, a little more good (?) health and a chance to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
    I'm beyond presents anymore.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm still waiting to find that pony under the tree.

      Comment


      • #4
        “The Big Book of Gun Gack” by John Barsness.

        Should have bought it before all the reloading gear but hey, better late than never.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've heard thru the grapevine not to go out and buy a Burris fastfire 3, powder blue hogues(for a Ruger mk4), Rem oil, shoot 'n see targets, possibly a spotting scope. Unfortunately none of which are made of chocolate and caramel. Fixing to roast the 2 turkeys I killed in October and have a thanksgiving type meal for Christmas because we went to the inlaws for Thanksgiving and they served HAM. You kidding me.
          Stay safe, and if this site craps, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
          Last edited by dewman; 12-12-2020, 11:23 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I got the BIL and family a indoor, laser based pistol target practice set up. Hard to get to the range and burn up real ammo. I also got some optional lasers for my .40cal. It has 9mm, ,40, ,45acp. It looks like the hammer strike on the laser pin points the hit on a target and is recorded on a iPhone. Should help with trigger control.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dewman; Two turkeys in Oct? Did I miss something or have you been holding out on us? Congrats on the birds!

              Jim; That target set up sounds like a great idea.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                Dewman; Two turkeys in Oct? Did I miss something or have you been holding out on us? Congrats on the birds!

                Jim; That target set up sounds like a great idea.
                Not really a hunting story per se. Fall turkey is October, either sex, so I bought a tag as sign has been plentiful. Was at brothers little house (more like cabin) in the woods when a flock came thru the yard. Stepped out the back door, peeked around the corner and bang! bang! 2 dead hens. Not a classic hunt for F&S, didn't think to post anything.
                PH: that's quite a bit bigger than I'm looking for. Also wanting a straight eyepiece.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dewman View Post
                  I've heard thru the grapevine not to go out and buy a Burris fastfire 3, powder blue hogues(for a Ruger mk4), Rem oil, shoot 'n see targets, possibly a spotting scope. Unfortunately none of which are made of chocolate and caramel. Fixing to roast the 2 turkeys I killed in October and have a thanksgiving type meal for Christmas because we went to the inlaws for Thanksgiving and they served HAM. You kidding me.
                  Stay safe, and if this site craps, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
                  Never had understood ham people myself

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm stuck in house arrest until Dec 23 due to mandatory quarantine after returning from hunting in Montana. So no Christmas shopping this year. Just as well. Or maybe then I'd need to ask Santa for a ventilator. A couple bags of shotgun wads would be nice to find under the tree. I can't think of anything else. Hmmm. My goose hunting jacket is threadbare. Guess I could use a new one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                      I'm stuck in house arrest until Dec 23 due to mandatory quarantine after returning from hunting in Montana. So no Christmas shopping this year. Just as well. Or maybe then I'd need to ask Santa for a ventilator. A couple bags of shotgun wads would be nice to find under the tree. I can't think of anything else. Hmmm. My goose hunting jacket is threadbare. Guess I could use a new one.
                      Quarantine will give you time to post your adventures and any relevant pics here. The OL forum is gone so some of us have looked into other sites. I never get into the political fray here so I will say welcome back OHH. Glad you are doing well. Also, a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you as well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dewman View Post
                        Quarantine will give you time to post your adventures and any relevant pics here. The OL forum is gone so some of us have looked into other sites. I never get into the political fray here so I will say welcome back OHH. Glad you are doing well. Also, a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you as well.
                        Wow! Outdoor Life shut down? Did they give any warning or reasons? I understand it was clean of spam and political crap. I find the blogs here are now extremely difficult to navigate and making comments is almost impossible. It's a shame they couldn't keep someone on board who could properly look after things on line. I certainly get the impression that morale is bad. Hopefully the latest magazine issue filled with commemorative nostalgia pieces isn't some kind of grand finale farewell, but I have a feeling ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

                          Wow! Outdoor Life shut down? Did they give any warning or reasons? I understand it was clean of spam and political crap. I find the blogs here are now extremely difficult to navigate and making comments is almost impossible. It's a shame they couldn't keep someone on board who could properly look after things on line. I certainly get the impression that morale is bad. Hopefully the latest magazine issue filled with commemorative nostalgia pieces isn't some kind of grand finale farewell, but I have a feeling ...
                          No warning, no heads up of any kind. We are a little apprehensive it's fixing to repeat itself here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	131055648_4103799659648089_2435411014563648331_n.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	764148

                            Comment

                            Welcome!

                            Collapse

                            Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                            If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                            And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                            Right Rail 1

                            Collapse

                            Top Active Users

                            Collapse

                            There are no top active users.

                            Right Rail 2

                            Collapse

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            • Reply to Hey Folks
                              by jhjimbo
                              Why does Bubba constantly corrupt a post by inserting an irrelevant post that changes the thread. He does that all the time.
                              We were talking about...
                              Today, 02:32 AM
                            • Hey Folks
                              by jhjimbo
                              Good Monday Morning


                              Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                              ...
                              Yesterday, 11:12 AM
                            • Reply to Hey Folks
                              by jhjimbo
                              People don't buy a mower without an engine, just like at the flea market tools without a power cord or battery don't sell too well....
                              Today, 02:27 AM
                            • Reply to Hey Folks
                              by 99explorer
                              I have found that a riding mower takes less of a toll on crippled people, but you get more exercise with a pushing style reel mower.
                              Just an ob...
                              Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Folks
                              by franchi20
                              As other posted, the biter lives. It won't be forgotten that the dog's wrong doing was covered up as was the owner's....
                              Yesterday, 10:55 PM

                            Right Rail 3

                            Collapse

                            Footer Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X