What's on your belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your belt?

What are you carrying on your belt this season? Here's what I had yesterday for my solo hunt on public land.

Knife - discontinued Browning Overtime with 3.5-inch D2 steel blade.

Revolver - Ruger Sp101 in .357 Magnum with 4.2-inch barrel, filled with handloads, Hornady 158gr XTP over 16.0gr W296 (max load so be careful if you duplicate). I would have used it to finish the sow but my hearing protection was still in my pack. (And I had dropped my pack to run after the critter)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Whats on your belt.jpg Views:	2 Size:	150.1 KB ID:	761462
    Last edited by PigHunter; 11-29-2020, 07:56 PM.

Don't tell us.
    You has to use the knife to finish off the sow.
    The thrill of the kill!

Comment

PH: Anymore I only wear a pistol (Ruger .22) when I squirrel hunt and then it's a rigged up crossdraw across my chest. Just carry a super light Buck knife set then. My fixed blades I use deer hunting reside in my backpack. I like sitting comfortable.
      Last edited by dewman; 11-29-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I carry a small, camo backpack with my essentials in it.

Left hip: Gerber "Diesel" multi-tool

Right hip: S&W M&P "Shield" .40 S&W

Both are my EDC.

Middle: (right pocket carry)
        Case single blade "Trapper"
        A "Scripto" lighter (cold weather carry)
        Stanley box cutter (found it stuck in a log while crappie fishing)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	16066994961084486816336937446097.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	761485
        I have gutted, skinned and quartered many deer with that old Case. It was given to me by an old friend.

Comment

Years ago when I wore jeans I carried my knife and drag rope on my belt. The drag rope is one of those with the 2" orange shoulder straps that I'd fold up so I could run the belt through it. Since I started wearing hunting pants with interior cargo pockets the rope rides in one of them. I don't carry much usually.

Comment

Ruger 1911 commander extra mag and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of the fixed blade I carry it’s a last resort knife and small Kershaw and maybe a Gerber folding utility knife. Skinning knife rides in my pack.

Comment

I was pondering whether to take the 44 or the 357 during alternate methods season the end of December but I'm tagged out for this year.

Comment

I always have the knife, sometimes the old Ruger Single Six. Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunting tools.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	761509

Comment

I don't carry anything on my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                    I always have the knife, sometimes the old Ruger Single Six. Click image for larger version  Name:	Hunting tools.jpg Views:	18 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	761509
                    I like that Buck 119. PigHuntress wears one when she hunts. The handle gets a little slick at times but the blade holds a great edge.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                      I carry a small, camo backpack with my essentials in it.

Left hip: Gerber "Diesel" multi-tool

Right hip: S&W M&P "Shield" .40 S&W

Both are my EDC.

Middle: (right pocket carry)
                      Case single blade "Trapper"
                      A "Scripto" lighter (cold weather carry)
                      Stanley box cutter (found it stuck in a log while crappie fishing)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	16066994961084486816336937446097.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	761485
                      I have gutted, skinned and quartered many deer with that old Case. It was given to me by an old friend.
                      I like Case knives. The one I've carried the most is the Sodbuster.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I like Case knives. The one I've carried the most is the Sodbuster.
                        A "hunter" without some model Case in his ditty bag just ain't much hunter! 😉! LOL!

Comment

I am a Case man of long standing, but having carried a Randall Trout and Bird Knife on my belt for many years, I would not put down another hunter who prefers a different brand.

Comment

Comment

Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter in a custom sheath made by my old buddy Carney and usually a custom leather 5-round cartridge case. If I’m packing a handgun, it will be my Model 57 .41 Rem Mag or Sig P220 .45 ACP in a shoulder rig. Happy Trails

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad