Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Yeah ! When I see trains going by real fast. It is my gut instinct that tells me not to get in front of one !!

But to be honest Bubba, it has happened a few times. It has also told me a few times not to sit ‘there’, but it is almost then impossible to know if it was correct or not, how would one know .........!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    started a topic "GUT" instinct

"GUT" instinct

As a young man, I struggled hard to be a successful "deer hunter".
    I hunted stands and sites that others selected. If there wasn't a well used trail, I was clueless.
    Dad and me headed out one afternoon to squirrel hunt. It was a little to breezy, so dad tells me, "I think I'll sit down right here and kill a deer."
    "HUH?"
    "Uhhmmm....okay." and I proceeded to jump shoot woodies along Keechi creek.
    Sure enough, about an hour before dark, I heard dad shoot and went to him. By the time we "smokepoled" the buck out of the bottom, it was black dark.
    Back in camp, I asked him, "How do you do that?"
    It wasn't the first time I had seen him do the same thing.
    The only answer I ever got was, "It just felt right."
    Dad passed just before my 30th b'day and I never understood his answer.

About 15(+/-) years ago, I wanted a big, fat doe to turn into ground meat. As I headed to my stand, I was crossing a wide open field with a single big pecan tree right in the middle.
    As I approached the tree, the urge to sit down beside it grew. It made "NO" sense, but I obeyed the urge.
    It wasn't 30 minutes later, a HUGE doe came out of nowhere, headed God only knows where and gave me a broadside, 50 yard shot!

Dad's statement "FINALLY" made sense!
    I call it "gut instinct".
    Many times since then, I've finally become aware of that little niggling feeling that seems to tell you, "Right here."
    It doesn't seem to work every time, but it works often enough for me to make listening worthwhile.

Do you "listen" to YOUR "gut instinct"?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad