Live from the woods 2020.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

The rut doesn't peak until mid November.
    No scrapes yet.
    The rut seems to peak late Oct to early Nov here in OK. Sadly, gun season doesn't open until the Sat before T'Giving. "Primitive Arms" season is the best chance to gun hunt the rut.

Last edited by FirstBubba; 10-10-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Hunted this morning , two doe walked by before official sunrise. Ironically this past spring I heard only two gobbles. I had a whole flock behind me gobbling this morning.

Only two hikers this morning.

Gotta love public land hunting. However when successful you know you earned it.

Taking this evening off. I'm getting burned out wading for walleye at night and getting up at 4 am to hunt.

Comment

You can post on any hunting from small game to whatever.

I would really like to hear about truly wild public land hunts.
        Last edited by Danbo; 10-11-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	04C28A52-1867-46BC-AA72-DD653DDC5B79.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	754367This morning. Not public but definitely wild.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Congrats to the young lady! Bet that dude will eat good!

Comment

Glad to hear that the young lady got her deer. He looks like he will be fine eating.

Comment

Name:	Lake Erie Walleye.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	754385
                It's 72 degrees I'm back at the house, I'm not going to bow hunt this afternoon.

I might go grouse hunting or walleye fishing this evening depending on what kids want to do.
                For Walleye fishing next mid-Spring you should go to Port Clinton, Ohio and go out on a head boat. Fishing is fantastic now and will remain so for several years. We had three or four super hatches in a row. Now Ohio estimates there are 160 million adult Walleye in Lake Erie. They can live to 20+ years. Google Port Clinton for head boat info.
                Unexplained Change: The State Biologists say the Perch have now changed their diet. It used to be shiners, now they are eating the spiked water flea that floats on the surface as well as another insect.
                https://www.portclintonfishing.com/p...ntonguide.html Limit is 6. If you go out on a six pack boat you get six customers plus captain and mate. Click image for larger version

Views:	64
ID:	754386
                Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-11-2020, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Views:	81
ID:	754385

For Walleye fishing next mid-Spring you should go to Port Clinton, Ohio and go out on a head boat. Fishing is fantastic now and will remain so for several years. We had three or four super hatches in a row. Now Ohio estimates there are 160 million adult Walleye in Lake Erie. They can live to 20+ years. Google Port Clinton for head boat info.
                  Unexplained Change: The State Biologists say the Perch have now changed their diet. It used to be shiners, now they are eating the spiked water flea that floats on the surface as well as another insect.
                  https://www.portclintonfishing.com/p...ntonguide.html Limit is 6. If you go out on a six pack boat you get six customers plus captain and mate. Click image for larger version

Views:	64
ID:	754386
                  Did you get out on Erie this year ? Have you done any hunting yet?

Comment

Been working around camp. I cut trees into each other to make brush piles when I clear an area with the Billy Goat.
                    Only boating was for swimming and cruising.

Comment

Going bow hunting after work if it doesn't rain.

Pheasant season opens this Saturday.

Oneida lake Walleye bite from shore is on fire.

If I pheasant hunt this weekend, I'll prolly go after grouse also.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Congratulations πŸŽˆπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Comment

Name:	77E5ACBD-7186-4106-8385-7704D8FF84FA.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	6.15 MB
ID:	755808

Congratulations πŸŽˆπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ
                          Thanks, she was tickled pink over that little buck. Made a perfect shot with a quick recovery, couldn’t have gone much better.

Worked some grouse and woodcock covers yesterday and this morning, covered a fair amount of ground but only put up 3 birds with a couple re-flushes thrown in. Managed to drop one woodcock off a solid point, not much to put on a plate but a win for the dog at least.

Comment

fitch270, the worst day in the woods is 10Γ— better than the best day at work! LOL!

I've had a kink in my back since I got back from DC, so I've been spending about 20 minutes in our Jacuzzi just before bed.
                            Last night, the water was tepid at best. Water heater went out!
                            No Jacuzzi last night and install a water heater ($600) today!
                            My back is killing me, but I felt like a lobster in that Jacuzzi! LOL!

Would love to just follow you through the New York woods, watching the dog work and you shoot. What an awesome day that would be! Birds or not!

Comment

Didn't Pheasant hunt this morning,went bow hunting instead. It was a cold morning.

There's lots of sign but no deer movement.

A lot of shots from bird hunters,put up two grouse easy double but I had my bow.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad