X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Congratulations to your son.

How far was the shot?

Looked to be about 20 yards, give or take. Perfect broadside shot.

Comment

I'm surprised this hasn't picked up more posts.

Hunted yesterday afternoon and saw nothing but hikers. The trouble with hunting public land.

Comment

I'm surprised this hasn't picked up more posts.

Hunted yesterday afternoon and saw nothing but hikers. The trouble with hunting public land.

Is there a limit on hikers and how do you determine sex?

Comment

How is the tick situation ? Other bugs ?

At camp the under brush is so thick it is so quiet at night, except for coyotes, coon dogs and a strange howl it is like being on a different planet. The ticks are also present so I keep grass real short around buildings.

Comment

Saturday, I only saw a lone bicyclist on the paved road and no one else on the dirt roads. It seems very few are using the property for small game hunting. No ticks or chiggers, but I had to use Deet to keep the mosquitos off.

Comment

I’m leaving the hill be until this weekend when I’ll have my daughter out for youth firearms. I took this Friday through next Thursday off and plan to run the bird dogs elsewhere when we have a chance. Brothers funeral is this weekend as well. Hopefully will have the boy’s deer finished cutting up tonight, if things go well we’ll be on the second one shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                I’m leaving the hill be until this weekend when I’ll have my daughter out for youth firearms. I took this Friday through next Thursday off and plan to run the bird dogs elsewhere when we have a chance. Brothers funeral is this weekend as well. Hopefully will have the boy’s deer finished cutting up tonight, if things go well we’ll be on the second one shortly.
                More power to you for processing the deer yourselves. I almost always pay for that and have been using the same processor for the last 20 years.

Just got off the phone with the owner of the Kentucky outfitter. I'll be hunting there 4 weeks from this coming Saturday. My question was about road conditions and if I should make the trip in my old Xterra. I've installed a receiver hitch on the 2012 Ford Fusion for a cargo rack and the sedan would be more comfortable for the trip. However, he suggested the 4x4 would be better because of some of the farmer's roads and the chance for early winter weather. Oh well...

I've mapped out a bypass route around Nashville. That will be one week after the election and I want to avoid any civil unrest.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Is there a limit on hikers and how do you determine sex?

Hikers are a pain in the 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Comment

This spam is ridiculous.

I'm going hunting after work.

Comment

Best of luck to you Danbo. I'm practicing with the compound and crossbow after work this afternoon. It's 11 days until our season starts, 4 weeks till my Kentucky hunt.

The hurricane is going to dump a lot of rain on us this weekend, so no hunting.

Comment

Thanks ph.
                        Best of luck to you on your archery hunts.
                        Last edited by Danbo; 10-07-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

On watch this afternoon in the apples.

Comment

On watch this afternoon in the apples.
                            Looks like a good spot. You should be able to hear one before you see it with all those leaves on the ground.

Comment

Got a turkey spot.
                              The Okie fall season is center fire cartridge. I got a .223. Gotta get it sighted in!
                              If I get a shot at 200 yards, I want to at least have the option!

Best of luck to you guys; danbo, pighunter, fitch270, jhjimbo. Kill a good one!
                              Maybe I can get a doe or something for some meat!
                              Last edited by FirstBubba; 10-08-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

fitch270- Nice buck, congratulations to your son. Hope you do good also! Not posting since Oct 2. Been hunting. Now involved in butchering and freezing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad