• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRM --
    My Gawd!
    You are just so full of poison!

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      I'll continue to check in but I'm not wasting my time looking for something interesting.

I received the latest F&S issue yesterday, its a good read so far. Disappointing they can only crank out 4 a year now, but it's better than nothing I guess. Kinda like here.
      The latest issue is pretty good. I'm not a fan of Petzal but I have to admit he contributed several good stories and information.
      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

lonewolf, I think there would (could?) be a lot more participation, but in my instance, I've been here long enough to have just about told all my stories and a bunch of them more than once...OR twice! LOL!

Another point. It's not that I don't appreciate others experiences and advice, but the way others hunt in other locales, doesn't often work where I am.

Most of the users on this site are "COFs". Cantankerous Old Farts. Kinda like Petzal.
        There isn't a lot of new blood. Today's kids don't hunt.
        They don't gun. (collect, shoot, hunt)
        The don't fish.
        A morning in a deer stand is 3 to 5 hours of boredom to them.
        There is no interest OR concern for the sights and sounds of nature coming alive in the morning.
        Which birds make sounds first.
        The whistling wings of a flight of ducks overhead.
        Squirrels fussing, barking and chasing each other.
        A turkeys gobble on the roost.

I can sit in a stand and hear, see and appreciate every sound and sight as the day grows...and never see a deer.
        It's the sheer joy of being alive and observing the world around you.

Not many of us old farts around anymore. Like WWII vets, we're slowly dying off.
        When we're gone, lever action .30-30's and Win M12's will be ink smears in musty tomes, left on dank storage closets collecting dust and slowly rotting into oblivion.

(probably eventually recycled as printer paper to save trees to protect the game no longer hunted and enjoyed by old timers like me)

....and the world goes around .....
        and around .....
        Great reply but the only thing I would disagree on is im sure you told your stories over and over again but just stepping outside can always create a new one to tell. Just like how I'm fishing now and can say we need rain bad and how bad the bite is. Missed a carp or 2. And so on.

Comment

To make matters worse, trying to post a comment over in the blogs is near impossible. When the ads switch the typing is suspended for several minutes. Anyone not familiar with this hiccup would abandon his post ... and the site. Also it is nearly impossible to even find the comments section. The ads make everything jump all over. Unless the viewer scrolls through the page VERY slowly it's easy to jump past that section while it's loading. There's a ton of redundancy too. Same links to previous threads appears in several places on the same page. It is a mess! Someone at Bonnier should be ashamed. When I worked for the NPS, I would never submit or approve of such shoddiness for public perusal.
          Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 09-24-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
            To make matters worse, trying to post a comment over in the blogs is near impossible. When the ads switch the typing is suspended for several minutes. Anyone not familiar with this hiccup would abandon his post ... and the site. Also it is nearly impossible to even find the comments section. The ads make everything jump all over. Unless the viewer scrolls through the page VERY slowly it's easy to jump past that section while it's loading. There's a ton of redundancy too. Same links to previous threads appears in several places on the same page. It is a mess! Someone at Bonnier should be ashamed. When I worked for the NPS, I would never submit or approve of such shoddiness for public perusal.
            Could be you need to update whatever you're using, laptop, desk top, phone, etc.
            It could also be your ISP.
            It could be your local weather.
            All those things affect response time.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Could be you need to update whatever you're using, laptop, desk top, phone, etc.
              It could also be your ISP.
              It could be your local weather.
              All those things affect response time.
              I have a new Samsung Galaxy. It's a lost cause trying to surf this site with my old computer. Our internet service here in town is actually quite fast. No problems with other sites. The new forum I'm following has a fair amount of advertising and loads light speed compared to this one. And no, it doesn't cost anything to join it either. So forget that excuse. There is something seriously screwed up with this site and I have come to the conclusion it is purposeful. The main site content is indicative. "Ten best ..." or "How to ..." over and over day after day. Ugh! Stale in the extreme. The editor in charge of this site is either an unimaginative absolute idiot ... or working for the competition out the back door and trying to torpedo F&S. It is that bad!

Comment

Honker -
                Don't run away.
                We miss you comments in the "Other" forum.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad