The End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End

This site is officially in the toilet and flushed dry. It's a shame. Used to be a great place to find product reviews and exchanging information and stories about the outdoors. Now it's trashed with mountains of spam and daily pathetic political trolls.

See ya. You four children can keep talking to yourselves about nothing that matters. I give it two weeks before the site is shut down. Pointless to keep it up and continue paying the web bills for this useless crap.

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    This site is officially in the toilet and flushed dry. It's a shame. Used to be a great place to find product reviews and exchanging information and stories about the outdoors. Now it's trashed with mountains of spam and daily pathetic political trolls.

See ya. You four children can keep talking to yourselves about nothing that matters. I give it two weeks before the site is shut down. Pointless to keep it up and continue paying the web bills for this useless crap.
    Best wishes OHH. I've got one foot out the door as well. Same reasons, Spam and the constant political discussions. Shoot me a private message if you're ever in my area.
    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

I disagree. We have 145 active users, which is twice as many as we had a year ago, and during the daytime, we have 300 or 400 visitors.
      I believe the political commentary in the "Other" forum is a popular destination for visitors, despite the rude comments by a handful of slobs who may be compensating for their inferior stations in life by talking tough from behind their keyboards.
      Feel free to return if you think you can contribute to the dialog.
      You will be missed.
      Vaya con dios.

Comment

Can't help but wonder how many of those users are bots...
        Pretty tempted to step away for awhile again myself. It's what drove me away from the site for a while last time.

Comment

Sweet Christ on a Pogostick. The bots are generating new threads every 2 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

I’m with on the site shutting down if they don’t do nothing to it. Look like just pages of spam and this is already getting old and they don’t seem to know how to run a forum. They dont even have someone on here moderating it. I can put up with the politic stuff cause I just don’t click on it. But the spam gotta go for me to stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              I disagree. We have 145 active users, which is twice as many as we had a year ago, and during the daytime, we have 300 or 400 visitors.
              I believe the political commentary in the "Other" forum is a popular destination for visitors, despite the rude comments by a handful of slobs who may be compensating for their inferior stations in life by talking tough from behind their keyboards.
              Feel free to return if you think you can contribute to the dialog.
              You will be missed.
              Vaya con dios.
              145 active users and only maybe 8 members post in a day. Visitors don’t mean nothing cause who knows how many are looking a couple times a day. Plus they don’t contribute to nothing. I mean it free to join and they just want to read. As for the politics stuff it almost as bad as the spam to me seeing it everyday I check in on the site. Not starting anything just my two cents and how I feel. I thought this site would have more people who fished. O well

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post

145 active users and only maybe 8 members post in a day. Visitors don’t mean nothing cause who knows how many are looking a couple times a day. Plus they don’t contribute to nothing. I mean it free to join and they just want to read. As for the politics stuff it almost as bad as the spam to me seeing it everyday I check in on the site. Not starting anything just my two cents and how I feel. I thought this site would have more people who fished. O well
                lonewolf, I think there would (could?) be a lot more participation, but in my instance, I've been here long enough to have just about told all my stories and a bunch of them more than once...OR twice! LOL!

Another point. It's not that I don't appreciate others experiences and advice, but the way others hunt in other locales, doesn't often work where I am.

Most of the users on this site are "COFs". Cantankerous Old Farts. Kinda like Petzal.
                There isn't a lot of new blood. Today's kids don't hunt.
                They don't gun. (collect, shoot, hunt)
                The don't fish.
                A morning in a deer stand is 3 to 5 hours of boredom to them.
                There is no interest OR concern for the sights and sounds of nature coming alive in the morning.
                Which birds make sounds first.
                The whistling wings of a flight of ducks overhead.
                Squirrels fussing, barking and chasing each other.
                A turkeys gobble on the roost.

I can sit in a stand and hear, see and appreciate every sound and sight as the day grows...and never see a deer.
                It's the sheer joy of being alive and observing the world around you.

Not many of us old farts around anymore. Like WWII vets, we're slowly dying off.
                When we're gone, lever action .30-30's and Win M12's will be ink smears in musty tomes, left on dank storage closets collecting dust and slowly rotting into oblivion.

(probably eventually recycled as printer paper to save trees to protect the game no longer hunted and enjoyed by old timers like me)

....and the world goes around .....
                and around .....
                Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-22-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

lonewolf, I think there would (could?) be a lot more participation, but in my instance, I've been here long enough to have just about told all my stories and a bunch of them more than once...OR twice! LOL!

Another point. It's not that I don't appreciate others experiences and advice, but the way others hunt in other locales, doesn't often work where I am.

Most of the users on this site are "COFs". Cantankerous Old Farts. Kinda like Petzal.
                  The don't fish.
                  There is no interest OR concern for the sights and sounds of nature coming alive in the morning.

I can sit in a stand and hear, see and appreciate every sound and sight as the day grows...and never see a deer.

Not many of us old farts around anymore. Like WWII vets, we're slowly dying off.
                  When we're gone, lever action .30-30's and Win M12's will be ink smears in musty tomes, left on dank storage closets collecting dust and slowly rotting into oblivion.

(probably eventually recycled as printer paper to save trees to protect the game no longer hunted and enjoyed by old timers like me)

and around .....
                  P.S. - as a kid, I spent many a Saturday morning in Rube Howard's barber shop reading F&S, OL and SA.
                  Today's kids sit in some "Pro-Cuts" in a strip mall reading "People", "ELLE", "Esquire" and even worse (God forbid!), "Cosmopolitan"!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                    Can't help but wonder how many of those users are bots...
                    Pretty tempted to step away for awhile again myself. It's what drove me away from the site for a while last time.
                    Buckshott00, I dropped off from the site for a long while about 5 or 6 years ago. I believe the constant bickering between the same liberals and conservatives is not appropriate for a forum dedicated to the outdoor sports. The guilty parties know they are part of the problem but just don't want to change.

For me, Happy Myles is at the top of the list in long-term members. He's knowledgeable, entertaining, and a total gentleman. I've never seen him delve into politics like some of the rest of us. Recently, he encouraged all of us to try and get along. That's why you may have noticed my backing off from the bickering.

Sure, the political topics discussed are important. But no one reading the tripe will change their minds over what one of us posts.
                    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

P.S. - as a kid, I spent many a Saturday morning in Rube Howard's barber shop reading F&S, OL and SA.
                      Today's kids sit in some "Pro-Cuts" in a strip mall reading "People", "ELLE", "Esquire" and even worse (God forbid!), "Cosmopolitan"!
                      No, they're on their phones.

The Old Man still cuts my hair, he had a shop for about 40 years. Started reading F&S hanging out on Saturdays as a kid.

Comment

I'll continue to check in but I'm not wasting my time looking for something interesting.

I received the latest F&S issue yesterday, its a good read so far. Disappointing they can only crank out 4 a year now, but it's better than nothing I guess. Kinda like here.

Comment

The don't fish.

and around .....
                          Well said Bubba ! I enjoy reading your words, your thoughts and the way you express your ideas ! I have many of the same feelings and inclinations, maybe that is why I look forward to your posts when they are a little more on the longer side !

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

No, they're on their phones.

The Old Man still cuts my hair, he had a shop for about 40 years. Started reading F&S hanging out on Saturdays as a kid.
                            Isn’t that the truth fitch ! Kids of the last 15 years or so, have no idea how to make it through the day without their phones. I wonder how many years in the future it will be before newborns will pop out with a phone already attached.

Comment

No more phony stories, no more braggadocio, no more talking down to those you perceive to be intellectually inferior or have less of your vaunted and oft claimed "experience."
                              You will be missed like an abscessed tooth in a broken jaw with a migraine.
                              But wait, honk the phony, I thought you were leaving last week or so?
                              This time, you really should make good on your threat!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17064 honk the phony.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	921.4 KB
ID:	749108
                              NOT WANTED ANYWHERE. HONK THE PHONY!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad