Hunting & Fishing !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting & Fishing !

Not being in the country at this time, there is much I am not aware of there. With the little news that I am receiving that everything is closed down, have seasons been closed, and if not where are people able to obtain licenses for the various seasons ?? Or is that of very little concern at this time ?

Have not heard anything about seasons. Woods would probably be a good place to be. Where are you? How is it there ? Big Cities are most vulnerable and are asked or required to stay home. CA just mandated ALL to stay home. I have been home since the 12th except for a dental emergency.
    Hospitals are running out of supplies. I think they are using things as 'disposable' when they used to be re-used. Probably because the virus is so contagious. Cases are doubling every few days. China seems to be over the worst part - no new cases.
    Stay well and keep in touch. Jim

Comment

Jim, I am in Germany, have been since the 22nd of January. Things here are pretty much as elsewhere I would imagine, much on the news, much closed down, most activities cancelled. Airport still open and I see and hear planes very frequently. City here of some 150,000. I am pretty much marooned here at this time and it looks to remain yet for several weeks !we know of no cases amongst our acquaintances, but that could change at any moment...........!

Comment

Don’t think it season are closed but some dates for our opening for trout fishing got pushed back a week. As for buying licenses you have to get them online can’t go to stores right now. A lot of parks lakes are closed as of right now.

Comment

> No change in seasons here in Alabama.
          > WMA's will still be open for youth turkey this weekend, everyone else on the 28th.
          > Hunting and fishing licenses can be purchased online.
          > State parks are still open but all special events have been postponed or cancelled. On-site museums and restaurants have been closed.
          > The Gulf beaches have been closed so no salt water fishing from shore or the State-owned pier.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
            Jim, I am in Germany, have been since the 22nd of January. Things here are pretty much as elsewhere I would imagine, much on the news, much closed down, most activities cancelled. Airport still open and I see and hear planes very frequently. City here of some 150,000. I am pretty much marooned here at this time and it looks to remain yet for several weeks !we know of no cases amongst our acquaintances, but that could change at any moment...........!
            I am 1/2 German and have spent time skiing on the Zugspitze.
            I am going to send you a PM.

Comment

The boy’s not happy, baseball is on hold and trout season doesn’t open until April 1’st, turkey May 1 and he’s stuck at home. Worms were outin the driveway this morning and it’s warm out today so he’ll be picking nightcrawlers tonight I’m sure. Mostly everything is shutdown but I’m considered essential services so I’m working.

Hope your home safe real soon Richard, but for now keep a low profile.

Comment

Just got an email from Maine Fish & Wildlife saying all open waters are open to fishing now instead of waiting to April 1st. Also you don't need a license to fish until April 30th.

Comment

The state of IL pulled some dumbass moves. They've closed all public state land but have left city parks alone. So far as I know seasons are still on.

Comment

Good to hear from you BHR and glad to hear you are doing OK. Hunker down and stay safe!

Our licenses are online here in Georgia and fishihg will be a good pastime. Turkey seasoh is ON and most are hunting out in the forest as usual. We have lots of open land in Georgia and people have been very good about staying home and working from home. All our non-essential businesses have closed and new methods have arisen to complete a transaction without human contact. Our emergency medicine is done over the Internet to the greatest extent possible. We will be receiving self-test kits soon where we can test ourselves from home if necessary and send samples in for quick analysis. Grocery stores are taking orders online. We then go to the store parking lot in a designated spot and pop the trunk. They come out and place our order in the trunk without human contact. We put on gloves, etc. and unpack in the garage, discarding the outer bags and leaving all we can in a quarantine area in the garage for several days so the virus can die before we touch it. We wash perishables and freeze/refrigerate as necessary.

So far, lots of online business is still operating and essential goods seem to arrive amazingly well. That may change as more states go on lock down. Be safe and take care. We are all in this together my friend.

Comment

The "insanity" reigns supreme bhr! LOL!
                      I'm in small town USA. The nearest WalMart is 60 miles away.
                      It's a 1/2 to 2/3 day adventure with the shopping and seldom under $150. You don't make that drive just for chips and salsa! LOL!

WalMarts in my part of the world, the big SuperStore ones, have reduced hours to 7:00AM to 8:30PM.
                      On Tuesdays, they open for "Seniors Only" from 6:00AM until 7:00AM.
                      Guess the Boss and me will be there then.

Comment

Our grocery store is open for 1 hour in the morning for seniors or handicapped. They are only open from 9am to 8pm. they are using the down time to stock shelves and disinfect the entire store as much as they can. We take all the precautions too because of the pneumonia I had a couple weeks back. My immune system is not the greatest because of the shingles I had that went to my brain several years ago. I never fully recovered physically from that. My buddy aggravates me all the time that I never recovered mentally. It did damage the part of my brain that holds my memory and my balance.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                          Good to hear from you BHR and glad to hear you are doing OK. Hunker down and stay safe!

Our licenses are online here in Georgia and fishihg will be a good pastime. Turkey seasoh is ON and most are hunting out in the forest as usual. We have lots of open land in Georgia and people have been very good about staying home and working from home. All our non-essential businesses have closed and new methods have arisen to complete a transaction without human contact. Our emergency medicine is done over the Internet to the greatest extent possible. We will be receiving self-test kits soon where we can test ourselves from home if necessary and send samples in for quick analysis. Grocery stores are taking orders online. We then go to the store parking lot in a designated spot and pop the trunk. They come out and place our order in the trunk without human contact. We put on gloves, etc. and unpack in the garage, discarding the outer bags and leaving all we can in a quarantine area in the garage for several days so the virus can die before we touch it. We wash perishables and freeze/refrigerate as necessary.

So far, lots of online business is still operating and essential goods seem to arrive amazingly well. That may change as more states go on lock down. Be safe and take care. We are all in this together my friend.
                          Good to hear from you too Dakota Man and it sounds as though you are doing a great job of keeping well, best wishes to you and your family !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                            by Ontario Honker Hunter
                            One of my many former vocations was a law clerk, so yes I have taken care of my and my daughter's wills and power of attorney. You need to call a lawyer...
                            Today, 07:49 PM
                          • Prepping: No, not TP
                            by fitch270
                            Sorry in advance for this, but I'm blaming the morbid sob's on here for the inspiration.

My wife and I scheduled an estate planning appointment...
                            Today, 07:14 PM
                          • Reply to Covid-19 !
                            by Danbo
                            See we agree...
                            Today, 07:44 PM
                          • Covid-19 !
                            by bowhunter75richard
                            Is the summer going to endanger us with another form of transmission of the Covid-19 virus ? That being thru mosquitoes ? There are 3-4 viruses that are...
                            03-28-2020, 06:17 PM
                          • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                            by dewman
                            Yep. After dad's fiasco me & the mrs. went through it all again. All I'll add is WRITE IT DOWN. Even the the word of mouth that is known to all.
                            Today, 07:30 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X