Purple Paint Law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Paint Law.

Has anyone come across a purple fence in searching for land to hunt?

https://tiphero.com/purple-painted-fence

Been the law here in Missouri for years. Not just fence posts either, trees painted too.

Comment

I think the paint idea is to address the problem of trespassers removing posted signs.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        I think the paint idea is to address the problem of trespassers removing posted signs.
        true, to a lesser extent. A gallon of paint or a half dozen spray cans can cover much more area faster, cheaper, and more thoroughly. Doesn't damage timber with nails either. Fewer gaps mean fewer "I didn't see any signs" excuses as well.

Comment

The link I provided overstates the hazards of hunting in stating that about 1,000 people are shot and killed in hunting accidents each year.

According to the International Hunter Education Association, in an average year, fewer than 1,000 people in the United States and Canada are accidentally shot by hunters, and of these, fewer than 75 are fatalities. In many cases, these fatalities are self-inflicted by hunters who trip, fall, or have other accidents that cause them to shoot themselves with their own weapons. Most of the other fatalities come in hunting parties, where one hunter shoots another accidentally.

Recent estimates say there are almost 6,000 hunting accidents to hunters each year involving falls from tree stands—six times as many as are wounded by firearms.

Last edited by 99explorer; 12-02-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            The link I provided overstates the hazards of hunting in stating that about 1,000 people are shot and killed in hunting accidents each year.

According to the International Hunter Education Association, in an average year, fewer than 1,000 people in the United States and Canada are accidentally shot by hunters, and of these, fewer than 75 are fatalities. In many cases, these fatalities are self-inflicted by hunters who trip, fall, or have other accidents that cause them to shoot themselves with their own weapons. Most of the other fatalities come in hunting parties, where one hunter shoots another accidentally.

Recent estimates say there are almost 6,000 hunting accidents to hunters each year involving falls from tree stands—six times as many as are wounded by firearms.

We just had 2 people killed here in WV Thursday over a hunting lease. To the purple paint, it was just passed as a law in WV 3 years ago, but a lot of people are taking advantage of the paint rather than the cost of posters that can be removed.

Comment

Just passed in our state. Purple paint is all it is and takes away the garbage posted signs.

Comment

We've had a purple paint law in Kansas as long as I can remember, which isn't really all that long compared to other members on the forum.
                Here the basic meaning is: NO TRESPASSING. Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping with written permission only.

As for the original question, no. I've always hunted our own land or land we sharecrop or rent.

Under Kansas law, the renter/sharecropper has hunting rights to the property unless otherwise stated in the agreement with the landlord. However, it has been my experience that the majority of landowners are unaware of this, which can lead to a delicate situation if not dealt with tactfully.

Comment

In Ohio you have to have, on your person, written permission signed by owner to hunt on another persons land. Verbal O.K.'s do not work. Big fine, loss of gear and suspension of hunting if caught.

Comment

Yeah it got me last Saturday lost my hunting spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                      Yeah it got me last Saturday lost my hunting spot.
                      What exactly got you dawg?

Comment

Dewman purple paint on a barrel and a no trespassing sign.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad