No announcement yet.

Anal Concerns when Field Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dozens of deer. Never needed to split the pelvis. One buck did have a very small canal and that added a slight bit of time. Still no big deal. One doe seemed to have everything glued in. Those two......all else piece of cake.

If alone it might take me a few mins extra. Still an easy task. Easy to do quick and neat. Yet some folks struggle year after year. I find it comical.

IMHO they make it way harder than it is. Probably more of a mental thing than physical.

Fighting themselves I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
      Dozens of deer. Never needed to split the pelvis. One buck did have a very small canal and that added a slight bit of time. Still no big deal. One doe seemed to have everything glued in. Those two......all else piece of cake.

If alone it might take me a few mins extra. Still an easy task. Easy to do quick and neat. Yet some folks struggle year after year. I find it comical.

IMHO they make it way harder than it is. Probably more of a mental thing than physical.

Fighting themselves I think.
      I agree. The hardest part about getting the poop chute freed up without splitting pelvis is the bending over. A big beer gut getting in the way doesn't help either. Belt line hangover is not a problem for me but still tough on this old man. Yes, it is easy enough to split the pelvis with a sharp hatchet or even knife ... IF there are three guys to do the job. Two to hold the legs apart and put pressure on them plus the sharp object and mallet operator guiding the tools. I usually hunt alone. Trying to split pelvis by oneself is a tough job. Done it lots of times quartering elk ... but only because it had to be done to get the meat out on horses. Cutting one of those big critters into four pieces by myself was a genuine SOB. Doubt I could manage it today.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
        by jhjimbo
        You are smoking some bad weed.
        Today, 03:42 AM
      • How Do I Know ???
        by jhjimbo
        How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
        Yesterday, 12:03 PM
        by 99explorer
        To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
        In fact, he is the
        Yesterday, 11:55 PM
        by 99explorer
        I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
        Yesterday, 11:32 PM
        by jhjimbo
        Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
        Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X