No Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Deer Season

My Dr.'s office called me today and I am getting my knee replaced on November 26. Have to be at the hospital on the 25th. Our deer season here in WV comes in on November 25th this year. Sounds bad but with the pain I am in I welcome it. Hopefully theres deer season next year.

Good luck! Coworker got back this week, had his knee replaced. Said its not there yet but on bad days is still less pain than before he had it done and he walks way better.

​Youll enjoy next year way more.

Comment

Good luck with the surgery, I am told the PT is the key to a quick recovery.

Comment

I've had 2 joints replaced ... so far!
        If this is your first, the physical "terrorist" (LOL!) is your best friend.

Here's wishing you the best for surgery, recovery and rehab!

Bummer on missing deer season, but I'm missing deer season this fall myself.

Comment

I'll pray the surgery goes smooth and for Gods will that you be blessed with better health after.

Comment

I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery Sarge. Sorry to hear you have to miss deer season but it will be worth it. I've had both my knees replaced and it is good to be able to walk without pain again.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              I've had 2 joints replaced ... so far!
              If this is your first, the physical "terrorist" (LOL!) is your best friend.

Here's wishing you the best for surgery, recovery and rehab!

Bummer on missing deer season, but I'm missing deer season this fall myself.
              I have both artificial knees. I fell on the one and messed it up is why I have to have it replaced again. For the first two weeks in therapy you ask yourself " why did I ever consent to this ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

I have both artificial knees. I fell on the one and messed it up is why I have to have it replaced again. For the first two weeks in therapy you ask yourself " why did I ever consent to this ?"
                LMBO! Yes sir!

Last Monday, the therapist was manipulating my shoulder.
                He began feeling the muscles and commented that one muscle was extremely "tight".
                "This will hurt, but we've got to loosen that muscle."
                "Okay." I said.
                Then he began trying to shove his thumb between my ribs!
                Fat boy like to have come up off the table!!!!!
                MAN that hurt! Not only that, he did it about 20 times! Me gritting my teeth the entire time!
                An hour later at home, I reached to turn a light switch off and realized it was now a painless effort!
                Before bedtime, I discovered about half a dozen movements that were no longer "AS" painful!
                Wednesday, he repeated the same procedure. STILL hurt like hell, but I was rewarded with increased range of motion!

Comment

Sarge - Wishing you the best of luck with the surgery.
                  I had my right knee replaced 13 years ago, and was very glad I did it.
                  If it had been my left knee, I could have resumed driving right away because the right leg does all the footwork in driving.

Comment

Wishing you the best Sarge ! Missing this deer season is a bummer, but next year will be pain free. What a relief that must be !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                      Wishing you the best Sarge ! Missing this deer season is a bummer, but next year will be pain free. What a relief that must be !
                      Bhr, messed up my hip in 1991. I didn't have it replaced, just repaired.
                      in 2005, I was sitting in a rocking chair and realized there was NO WAY I could sit that my hip didn't hurt!
                      Remember the show, "The Real McCoy's"?
                      Remember how Walter Brennan who played "Grandpappy Amos" gimped around. All bent over, pumping his elbows for balance?
                      That was me! Every step was painful. I was in pain sitting, standing or laying down.
                      In May of 2005, I had my left hip replaced. If you didn't know, you'd never suspect I have a prosthetic hip.
                      Surgery, recovery and rehab was excruciating, but well worth every pain and twinge.

Comment

Sarge - When the doctor asks you to write your initials on the leg to be operated on, they are going to photograph it before surgery, so that is no time for practical jokes:-))

Last edited by 99explorer; 10-31-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Doctor joke -

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            Sarge - When the doctor asks you to write your initials on the leg to be operated on, they are going to photograph it before surgery, so that is no time for practical jokes:-))
                            When I had both knees replaced each time the Dr. put an X on the knee to be replaced when he talked to me right before surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

When I had both knees replaced each time the Dr. put an X on the knee to be replaced when he talked to me right before surgery.
                              Before they push the first "cc" of relaxer or anesthetic, a nurse came in and engaged the wife and me in a protracted conversation about which joint was to be replaced.
                              When she left, at the site of the incision, one shoulder was marked "sey", the other marked "on". (depending on your point of view! LOL!)
                              After surgery, the surgeon had perfectly dissected the "sey"!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad