Amazing wildlife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing wildlife.

Check out the sure-footed ability of these ibex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9TMn1FJzc

And they ask if goats can climb trees.

Comment

Maybe there is a lion in the area.

Comment

Did you know that woodchucks can climb trees? They don't, as a rule, but they will if they have to. We used to have a big apple tree in our backyard and sometimes I'd see them up there when our beagle-bassets were out running around.

We have a deep, nearly sheer-sided gorge on our land. I have seen grey and red foxes both walking along on the tiny inch-wide shelves of rock. There's a den site at one spot, a little cave about as wide as the mouth of a five-gallon bucket, and just a bathmat-sized flat space in front of it before the drop. It's about twenty feet down the side from the top edge -- I don't know if it's fox or what, never been able to get to it to check for tracks, but whatever the animal, that den's in a good safe spot. I think a coyote could probably traverse that wall if it really wanted to, but it'd have nowhere to stand and fight if mama or daddy fox came out to the mouth of the hole to give battle.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          Did you know that woodchucks can climb trees? They don't, as a rule, but they will if they have to. We used to have a big apple tree in our backyard and sometimes I'd see them up there when our beagle-bassets were out running around.

We have a deep, nearly sheer-sided gorge on our land. I have seen grey and red foxes both walking along on the tiny inch-wide shelves of rock. There's a den site at one spot, a little cave about as wide as the mouth of a five-gallon bucket, and just a bathmat-sized flat space in front of it before the drop. It's about twenty feet down the side from the top edge -- I don't know if it's fox or what, never been able to get to it to check for tracks, but whatever the animal, that den's in a good safe spot. I think a coyote could probably traverse that wall if it really wanted to, but it'd have nowhere to stand and fight if mama or daddy fox came out to the mouth of the hole to give battle.
          Up on the hill we have a bluestone ledge with a similar sized den, but you can get to it ok unless there’s icy snow. Porcupines use it for sure, quills everywhere in the scat. It’s pretty deep inside, can’t see all the way down. Don’t know if anything else goes in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            Maybe there is a lion in the area.

We have a deep, nearly sheer-sided gorge on our land.

Comment

Pigs may be higher in the food chain than we have believed.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...153727871.html

If they discover gunpowder, we've had it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Give them all they need ...
                by 99explorer
                Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                Today, 07:29 PM
              • Give them all they need ...
                by jhjimbo
                I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
              • Reply to Snapshot
                by FirstBubba
                Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                I've never carried over about $1500.
                Today, 07:27 PM
              • Snapshot
                by jhjimbo
                What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                Yesterday, 04:28 PM
              • Reply to Snapshot
                by PigHunter
                "Not much blue tooth crap is durable enough for my lifestyle. Can't imagine what would happen if the canoe tipped over wearing that stuff. Your voice...
                Today, 07:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X