First rites of fall, today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First rites of fall, today

Bought the new hunting license, turkey permit, and habitat stamp today. What are you up to as you get ready for another fall hunting season?

The 65th year of my birth, I attempted to renew my "disability" hunting/fishing license.
    The lady in OKC asked me, "Why? At age 65, you qualify for a "Lifetime" hunting and fishing license for $25."
    No more annual tag, no tag for each deer hunted, no turkey tag! Just go hunting!

Break my heart, make me cry!

If I do any hunting this fall, I'll be left handed. Soon as this shoulder heals and the weather cools, I'll start training.

Comment

I'm ready. Have everything.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Matt, the kids and I have lifetime licenses, but I still need to go put in for our doe tags. I did the license deal the last year they grandfathered the free DMP application, and I get the guaranteed landowner tag but we have to apply before Sept 1 same as everyone else.

We moved one treestand a couple weeks ago, expanded the food plots in the spring and hung cameras a few weeks back. Otherwise in a holding pattern, although we have a couple ladder stands from the in-laws that we could set up somewhere.

Pretty much set on Montana as well, except I'm in the second guessing stage on what to bring, buy and/or replace. Good excuse to upgrade some stuff I guess. The boy's cool with it as he gets any hand-me-downs.

Comment

Some persimmons are starting to drop into the yard from my tree beside the drive. A couple of whitetail are showing up almost every night now on the cameras. Still 10 weeks away from archery season...

> Last week I started back to a regular gym routine to be in better shape for hunting. Bench press, dumbbell rows, and treadmill. I plan to air the mountain bicycle tires and start riding a few times per week.

> During this past weekend, I organized hunting items and ammo, repacked my safety / survival items, replaced flashlight batteries.

> Just today from Midway USA, I received 100 Barnes bullets for .300 BLK handloads. They are the 110 gr TAC-TX and will be an addition to the 60 rounds left over from last season.

> Finally, I bought a new cap yesterday in Mossy Oak with the Auburn University logo. I probably will just wear it to the bar as an irritant to the U of A fans.

Comment

Got my Lifetime N.Y. tag in the mail the other day. All set for a quick trip opening day.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad