Black bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black bear

I haven't been on the site for awhile but I did get my first black bear this year

Originally posted by PigHunter
    Excellent, congrats! I'd like to do that and am interested in details of the hunt...
    Where, when, the outfitter, weapon used, lessons learned...
    I went at the end of May Outfitter Bearfoot Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
      It looks like them

Comment

Good lookin bear, congrats! Might try to go w my bud next yr. Recurve. Hes got one w bow and another w gun.....dunno who he went with. Same place both times.

Comment

That is a beautiful hide for a spring bear hunt. Did they weight it back at camp? Are you getting a rug or a mount.
          Congratulations,
          EDIT: My comment under the photo was missing the last sentence about black bears with mouths open on half mounts. They are not grizzlys or Kodiak's. It's more natural with the mouth closed. JMHO
          Last edited by Gary Devine; 08-11-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
            Good lookin bear, congrats! Might try to go w my bud next yr. Recurve. Hes got one w bow and another w gun.....dunno who he went with. Same place both times.
            My Guide friend in N.Y. that I hunt with has gotten about 40 bears with a bow. Nice to be a Guide as he gets permission to go on a lot of Posted land. Jim

Comment

My Blackwidow is 54#. Bud says that's plenty.
              Like to get a new PSA Widow, but a lot of $ and my shoulder/back could go bad any time.
              Looked at the machined riser from Samick, ILF..............could play w fixed crawl.
              Using shorts, would be 58". And my backup rig.

My primary is the old Blackwidow HS. Love that model.
              Hopefully tune it up today.
              But the ol lady doesn't have to work tonight, and oldest kid stopping by.......so my work/play Saturday plans have been scrapped.

Wanted to get everything done to go to gun range tomorrow.
              Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                That is a beautiful hide for a spring bear hunt. Did they weight it back at game? Are you getting a rug or a mount.
                Congratulations,
                EDIT: My comment under the photo was missing the last sentence about black bears with mouths open on half mounts. They are not grizzlys or Kodiak's. It's more natural with the mouth closed. JMHO
                I'm getting a rug and no I didn't weigh it. It was 5'7 from nose to tail
                Spring bear no later than first week of June
                Last edited by Srbyam; 08-10-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad