Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dick's will drop anything related to hunting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick's will drop anything related to hunting.

Dick's Sporting Goods will drop anything related to hunting, including guns, ammunition, clothes and more.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/d...170829124.html

All hunting stuff and reebok. Reebok is a major one in sports, so what the the hell are they going yo sell?

Comment

And why Reebok? Bet they'll still sell the hell out of Nike.

Comment

Dicks sales are down 3.7% stock down 11%.

Comment

So I’m guessing feild and stream will soon follow. Wonder why there really doing away with reebok. Going to hurt both.

Comment

Originally posted by MoeStelzer View Post
            And why Reebok? Bet they'll still sell the hell out of Nike.
            Yes they will still sell nike and under armour, but here f&s is right next door and cheaper on under armour. I know f&s is the same company but alot here will go there, I know I will. But honestly I pick cabelas over both because of the 21 gun deal.

Comment

Interesting. They're against a wholesome, time-honored, conservation-minded institution -- but they're perfectly happy to deal with athletic-apparel companies that cater to criminal gang-culture.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                Interesting. They're against a wholesome, time-honored, conservation-minded institution -- but they're perfectly happy to deal with athletic-apparel companies that cater to criminal gang-culture.
                👍👍👍👍👍on this one brother.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                  Yes. Exactly.

Comment

Just locally, Dick's/F&S side by side stores have very few vehicles in their multi-store parking lot when I pass by. Don't know, and no way of telling, how many patrons are in Dick's, or F&S, or in other stores serviced by that parking lot.
                    Cabela's, about six miles down the road, (single store parking lot), always has half to three quarters of their parking lot full, at nearly any given hour or day.
                    Academy, situated between Dick's and Cabela's, has a lot full at any given hour.
                    I don't got to Dick's, or F&S. After one stop, and a look-see at their store, and prices, I decided it was not for me. I go to Cabela's to look for things I cannot find at Academy, which is usually .25-06, or fly fishing stuff. Half the time I can't find what I want, or the price talks me out of that item.
                    The bulk of my hunting/fishing/outdoor gear needs I purchase either at Academy, or on-line.
                    Dick's future looks dim to me in this particular area.
                    Last edited by crm3006; 03-13-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Let them. There's still cabelas-bass pro, academy, Walmart, etc, as well as thousands of small dealers of firearms and clothing. It only changes where we go and where we spend our cash, it doesn't actually do ANYTHING to slow the commerce of guns/outdoor gear, probably doesn't even inconvenience most of us. It could well affect their fishing/camping retail as we change our overall shopping habits. For instance. If you're already at Academy Sports buying ammo why would you then drive to Dicks to get fishing gear? Their decision their loss.

Comment

I tried to find the post but can’t, I predicted this move on here after the AR deal. I actually think it was in the making from the get go of F&S 1871 stores.

Thing is I’ve about given up on all the big box retailers for gun stuff anyway. I never cared for BP, now they are tanking Cabela’s. I actually stopped in a Gander Outdoors last weekend and was left unimpressed again. I’d like to check out an Academy and Sheels but they aren’t in my area.

Lately I’ve been buying from different online sources, in fact I’m currently waiting on a hunting coat from Camofire and a spotting scope from Cameraland NY. I also got some baselayers and a couple fleece shirts off Sierra Trading Post last week. Seems to be the way things are headed in general.

MattM37; Excellent point!

Comment

Jason, what is the 21 gun deal?

Comment

I believe the first DSG store was opened after WWII in Binghamton, New York. That is not far from Roscoe, N.Y. that is the center of 5 of the top trout fishing streams in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                              I believe the first DSG store was opened after WWII in Binghamton, New York. That is not far from Roscoe, N.Y. that is the center of 5 of the top trout fishing streams in the U.S.
                              It's still there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
                                Today, 10:41 AM
                              • Reply to Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
                                Today, 06:43 PM
                              • Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by buckhunter
                                Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
                                Yesterday, 10:16 PM
                              • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by Solitario Lupo
                                So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
                                Today, 06:20 PM
                              • Peripheral Vision
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
                                Today, 07:39 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X