No announcement yet.

Got the new Taurus to the range today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the new Taurus to the range today.

Had a little time and 100 rounds of Tula ammo. It shoots it little low and left. I can't seem to adjust it out with the sights. I tend to shoot a little low. But that could have been the ammo. Atleast that's what I'm saying. The factory sights leave a lot to be desired. Comparing them to 1911. No FTF of any kind. Just a squirt of remoil here and there and it ran fine magazine always fell free on tactical reloads. Did fine in quick draw double taps shooting from the hip backing away from the target. It did tend to vertically string but that probably me. It's just a tad short for my hands. The trigger reminded why I don't like striker fire pistols. All in all it was a good 200 bucks spent. I will post the pic from last trip with my 1911 after the new grips world of difference.

Glad it worked out for you.
    If it's shooting "low", you have 2 options.
    1. Raise the rear sight.
    2. Lower the front sight.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      1. Raise the rear sight.
      Raised rear sight as much as it would go. Didn't get it hitting where i like it to. But is more than adequate for minute of bad guy at 10 yards.

Comment

1. Raise the rear sight.
        If it feels short for your hand that is probably why your trigger squeeze is sending the round to the left. Change the way your finger rests on the trigger.

Comment

1. Raise the rear sight.
          Milldawg is right on. Quick draw and double taps shooting from the hip while backing away from the target does not call for Camp Perry equipment.

Comment

Mine shoots minute of perp inside 10 yards.

Comment

1. Raise the rear sight.
              In a 10+yd Confrontation your only aim should be on your "Front Sight" of your Blaster & Intended Target.

Comment

I'm sure you are fine for your intended purpose but another cause of 7:00 impact is trigger jerk. This is quite common with the too short grip and a new pistol. Of course it could also be that you just can't adjust the sights enough. I'd suggest aiming it from a rest and making a concerted effort to squeeze the trigger straight back to see if that puts it on the target. If not, then it is your sights.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad