Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taurus PT 111 millineum G2 thoughts opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus PT 111 millineum G2 thoughts opinions.

Just bought one for 200 bucks thinking it would a nice little 9mm for the wife she's not crazy about the 38 I bought here. And she can't see the sights very well. And the PT 111 has a rail for a laser so problem solved.

Think the laser a good idea. Thin grip profile too so she probably can control it a little better. The main concern I always have when changing someone from a simple revolver to a pistol is getting them to really practice with it. Both unloaded to make the handling and controls second nature and shooting enough to get those long trigger squeezes to yield good accuracy. Not a concern with you as the teacher I am sure. Good looking pistol. Great price.

Comment

I bought one about a year ago and it is my truck gun. It shoots well and the 12+1 capacity is a bonus for a small-ism 9mm. Mine has a decent trigger also. Happy Trails

Comment

Lots of power in a compact pistol, hope she like it.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
          I bought one about a year ago and it is my truck gun. It shoots well and the 12+1 capacity is a bonus for a small-ism 9mm. Mine has a decent trigger also. Happy Trails
          It gets 4.5 stars at Cabela's and on sale now for $225.

Comment

Bought one last summer thinking it was a good buy. It's currently sitting in the Florida repair shop for the 2nd time. First trip there took 9 weeks, we'll see how long this repair takes.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
              Yep. One would be just as shot with an expensive Glock!

Comment

Originally posted by walt in wi View Post
                Bought one last summer thinking it was a good buy. It's currently sitting in the Florida repair shop for the 2nd time. First trip there took 9 weeks, we'll see how long this repair takes.
                Thank you for the heads up.

Comment

I know about 4 guys that own them, because they're cheap. But none of them have had a failure yet. I shot one of the stainless ones while I was home in December and it wasn't bad, felt cheap but I liked the shape of the grip better than I like glocks. I'm looking at a PT 1911 right now

Comment

Taurus makes a darn good pistol the PT/111-9mm. Taurus had dropped there prices by $100.00 across there complete line. PT/111 New at Academy Sports $227,00 +T.

JMO) Shoot the hell out of it to insure reliability. 100 rounds of plane old 9mm ammo. just saying

Comment

I buy Glock not for it's looks they suck & not for there grips, but for it's "Reliability"

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                        Taurus makes a darn good pistol the PT/111-9mm. Taurus had dropped there prices by $100.00 across there complete line. PT/111 New at Academy Sports $227,00 +T.

JMO) Shoot the hell out of it to insure reliability. 100 rounds of plane old 9mm ammo. just saying
                        Did just that today and it went fine.

Comment

Walt, what happened to the PT 111 ?

Comment

I think Federal packages 100 rds of target ammo with 20 rds of defense ammo so people will practice with their firearm before they CCW it.

Comment

jimbo Early models PT/111(A) had a problem NOT ejecting a spent round, New Models (B) have been fixed with a new barrel and a wider ejecting port.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad