X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    You know, I was cool, but now...

Springerman, this verse is for you.
    "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

The attached picture is a Grammarly assessment of your original post. You should probably work on your own writing skills before complaining about other people's ability to read and understand.

I honestly still don't know or care about Bubba's turkey loads, but I'm jumping in because you're an obnoxious jerk. If you really have better things to do, why not go do them instead of starting attack threads and being butt hurt?

I don't suppose that it's occurred to you that you could mimic Bubba's load yourself and post the pictures and video on here? If it's such a big deal to you why not put your money where your mouth is and bust out a turkey target. Supposedly you teach a hunter's safety class, so it's pretty hard to imagine you don't have access to a patterning board. I don't understand why it is so hard for you to back up what you preach? If the load is that terrible, prove it! It would be the work of 30mins to an hour and a bit of walking back and forth to the patterning board. If you were really serious about it, you could shoot the load many times to a grid and statistically prove which load is better. Ask Bubba to share the load info nicely, and maybe I'll do it for you.

Plus, I'm genuinely curious now. How many turkeys have you decapitated?

Don't sit there are pretend that you're response times aren't terrible because you've had 1 decent response time. You copped to in the last thread be man enough to admit you're not great at it. Excellence is a pattern of behavior. As the saying goes, "Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut."
    Bubba so it's an off the shelf / factory ammo #8 load? Like a heavy target or dove/game load? thru a full choke?

Comment

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

The attached picture is a Grammarly assessment of your original post. You should probably work on your own writing skills before complaining about other people's ability to read and understand.

I honestly still don't know or care about Bubba's turkey loads, but I'm jumping in because you're an obnoxious jerk. If you really have better things to do, why not go do them instead of starting attack threads and being butt hurt?

I don't suppose that it's occurred to you that you could mimic Bubba's load yourself and post the pictures and video on here? If it's such a big deal to you why not put your money where your mouth is and bust out a turkey target. Supposedly you teach a hunter's safety class, so it's pretty hard to imagine you don't have access to a patterning board. I don't understand why it is so hard for you to back up what you preach? If the load is that terrible, prove it! It would be the work of 30mins to an hour and a bit of walking back and forth to the patterning board. If you were really serious about it, you could shoot the load many times to a grid and statistically prove which load is better. Ask Bubba to share the load info nicely, and maybe I'll do it for you.

Don't sit there are pretend that you're response times aren't terrible because you've had 1 decent response time. You copped to in the last thread be man enough to admit you're not great at it. Excellence is a pattern of behavior. As the saying goes, "Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut."
      Yes sir.
      Nothing magic.
      Just a plain Jane old 870 with an "Xtra Full", after market, lead only, choke tube.

Comment

Sounds like I've got a fun way to burn thru some shells and paper. Cool. Who make's the choke tube? I'll pick one up for my 500.

Comment

Remington
          Trky Super Full
          Lead Only

As usual for me, I like to keep "accoutrements" the same brand if possible.

Comment

I understand the sentiment. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Remington uses a proprietary thread on their chokes. So I wouldn't be able to replicate it exactly. If I used a different choke tube dingus would claim I cheated somehow.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad