Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got the para expert commander to the range for an extended session.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the para expert commander to the range for an extended session.

I had ran a mag here and there in it since I've had it. My daughter came in for a visit this past weekend and guess what she wanted to do. So off the barn we went. We put almost 300 rounds down the pipe and not one single issue. I couldn't be happier with the pistol it's a shooter for me anyways. Plenty accurate for self defense. The sights are great I don't have to stand the front proud just line them up and shoot. This is the first gun I've owned with just a single colored bead on the front and good lord what I have been missing. I can shoot it a little faster and little more accurate. I'm sure with some serious practice I could get even better. Bonus i also put a 100 rounds of .38 in the Tarus CIA .357 stubbie and it did just fine for what it is. All pistol rounds shot at 10 yards.
    Attached Files

Ok the picture of the target rotated for some reason. The far left shot is the top it should be in the 12oclock position not 9oclock.

Comment

Any day at the range with family or friends is A GOOD DAY!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Milldawg, how's that Taurus with full power .357 loads? Do you ever carry it loaded with them or do you use .38 +P instead?

What made you choose the Taurus over a S&W or Ruger? I'm thinking about getting another small revolver.
        I got the Tarus in a trade. I only had 175 in the shotgun I traded for the .357. Haven't tried it with .357 yet. I noticed Walmart had Barnes x bullets for .357 for 20 bucks i will get some soon last trip I spent 125 on ammo so held off them for now. And I've only ran 38 130 grain fmj target in it so far but it's reasonably accurate with a 300lbs trigger pull lol! In all honesty at 10 yards home defense range it's fine for me. I can keep them in the within a paper plate which should do the trick. If I had to make the choice you were thinking about inwould have to shoot one to make my mind up.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
          Ok the picture of the target rotated for some reason. The far left shot is the top it should be in the 12oclock position not 9oclock.
          My pics also rotate when I download them from my phone, don't know how to correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            Milldawg, how's that Taurus with full power .357 loads? Do you ever carry it loaded with them or do you use .38 +P instead?

What made you choose the Taurus over a S&W or Ruger? I'm thinking about getting another small revolver.
            I have a sweet S&W mod-60 38/357 2.5" Bbl 22oz SS, It's a J frame on Geritol!
            I run 38+Ps 130gr Winchester Ranger. NO seeds to shot 357-M out of it!!!

Comment

Good shooting and it sounds like a fun day. With this nice weather I'm dying to get to the range myself. Just seems like there is way too much to do. No one ever told me I'd be so busy in retirement. I've got to go turkey hunting, I've got to get my boat on the water and get some stripers, I'm dying to swing a golf club. I can't wait to build a bench rifle. I've got a deer mount to repair, I've got knives that will rust over if I don't finish them... I could go on...

Thanks for this post milldawg. I am going to give top priority to tuning up my friend's three long range rifles. I am glass bedding and developing tuned loads to optimize each of them for him and then we will drive down state to enter a competition or two. I will do that right after turkey hunting, the NRA annual meeting and the NFL draft so I can get to the range.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                Good shooting and it sounds like a fun day. With this nice weather I'm dying to get to the range myself. Just seems like there is way too much to do. No one ever told me I'd be so busy in retirement. I've got to go turkey hunting, I've got to get my boat on the water and get some stripers, I'm dying to swing a golf club. I can't wait to build a bench rifle. I've got a deer mount to repair, I've got knives that will rust over if I don't finish them... I could go on...

Thanks for this post milldawg. I am going to give top priority to tuning up my friend's three long range rifles. I am glass bedding and developing tuned loads to optimize each of them for him and then we will drive down state to enter a competition or two. I will do that right after turkey hunting, the NRA annual meeting and the NFL draft so I can get to the range.
                Sounds like you've got it tough...

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

It's tough all right. I worked 50 to 100 or more hours a week for over 50 years for the opportunity to do this. I just can't believe I'm still alive to enjoy it. I never thought that would happen.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                    by jhjimbo
                    Why does Bubba constantly corrupt a post by inserting an irrelevant post that changes the thread. He does that all the time.
                    We were talking about...
                    Today, 02:32 AM
                  • Hey Folks
                    by jhjimbo
                    Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                    Yesterday, 11:12 AM
                  • Reply to Hey Folks
                    by jhjimbo
                    People don't buy a mower without an engine, just like at the flea market tools without a power cord or battery don't sell too well....
                    Today, 02:27 AM
                  • Reply to Hey Folks
                    by 99explorer
                    I have found that a riding mower takes less of a toll on crippled people, but you get more exercise with a pushing style reel mower.
                    Just an ob...
                    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Folks
                    by franchi20
                    As other posted, the biter lives. It won't be forgotten that the dog's wrong doing was covered up as was the owner's....
                    Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X