Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be willing to spend 20 minutes taking as survey about hunting access issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be willing to spend 20 minutes taking as survey about hunting access issues?

If you have a spare twenty minutes would you be willing to help me out by filling out a survey about hunting? The survey is part of my graduate work in sport management and is aimed at studying access issues related to hunting and hunting effort. There is no risk to you, and no way to track who took the survey. Hopefully information from this survey can be used to help make management decisions about hunter access. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll gladly answer them.

Thanks for your time

Done! I have one question: How will you ensure that you have respondents that might me more apt to not be hunting because of access issues? Sites like this are full of us fanatics, who have most likely figured out the access issue. It strikes me as difficult to find the most vulnerable hunters.

Comment

Thank you for the question. I am posting to a few different hunting sites. Reaching the new hunter is the hardest part of the research. Besides registered users, casual onlookers will be able to see the survey and hopefully answer. If no new hunters answer the survey, the research can still show a correlation between number of years hunted and no access issues. This information would still be valuable, suggesting that those who control access need to reach better educate new hunters about access such as better websites or part of a hunter education class.

Thank you for the question and filling out the survey.

Comment

Originally posted by dbone View Post
        Thank you for the question. I am posting to a few different hunting sites. Reaching the new hunter is the hardest part of the research. Besides registered users, casual onlookers will be able to see the survey and hopefully answer. If no new hunters answer the survey, the research can still show a correlation between number of years hunted and no access issues. This information would still be valuable, suggesting that those who control access need to reach better educate new hunters about access such as better websites or part of a hunter education class.

Have you considered contacting state wildlife departments? to ask them to post a link to your survey on their websites? That would surely have a much larger outreach, especially with new hunters checking? seasons and regulations.

Comment

DBone, Why does the survey asked for your household income? I believe that is private and personal question.
          Just my opinion Brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
            DBone, Why does the survey asked for your household income? I believe that is private and personal question.
            Just my opinion Brother.
            It helps the researcher know whether income level is correlated with certain opinions/experiences, etc. Survey Monkey is generally anonymous, so I don't think you have to worry about the IRS knocking on your door...

Comment

Originally posted by dbone View Post

Another idea would be to post it with an online community (or not online) that is closely related. For instance, anglers. There's a lot of crossover between the two groups and there may well be more anglers out there who can represent the segment of the population that is feeling more challenged, or has let access keep them from hunting.

Comment

Just my opinion Brother.
                That reply from DBONE stopprd me.

Comment

Just my opinion Brother.
                  The last Survey for F&S I received a $20 Gift Card! Sorry DBONE!!

Comment

Just my opinion Brother.
                    Hi there, thank you for looking at the survey. Household income is considered general demographic information, you are welcome to skip any questions you do not feel comfortable answering. The survey is completely anonymous, survey monkey does not collect the IP address and there is nothing in the survey to tell which individual answered which questions. As for the reason for collecting income information, the average income of all respondents will be reported in the final write up.

Comment

Just my opinion Brother.
                      @Gary Devine-please skip any questions you are not comfortable answering. The survey is completely anonymous, survey monkey does not collect IP addresses and there is no way to tie answers back to Individuals. Income will averaged across all users, if it is relevant it will be reported. If the income is not relevant it will not be reported. An example of being relevant would be "The average income of the survey respondents matches the average income of hunters as reported by US Fish and Wildlife". It would help give the survey credibility.

Thank you everyone for your time.

@Rockhound thank you for your time. I want to be as open as possible about all aspects of the research including possible applications.

@treestand I wish I could give out gift cards! The research is not related to Field and Stream. I am just using their forum as a platform for distribution of the survey.

Comment

Just my opinion Brother.
                        Rockhound, he means that summary data is going to be published (my interpretation based on past surveys). I'm guessing by the questions asked, they're trying to get at if there is a link between how much you make and your perception of available hunting lands. Hope I didn't just skew the survey I do hope it goes to show how hunting is neither a "rich man's sport" nor "Only for hicks".

Comment

I took the survey.

Not nearly enough public land set aside for habitat these days. I can't tell you how often I've read on here people complaining about hunting public land.

If I could afford to hunt private land, I would. Instead, it's easier and cheaper for me to drive to a neighboring state and hunt than it is where I'm at now. That includes food lodging, and expensive out of state tags. I don't hunt nearly as much as when I lived back in MI.

Comment

Done, hope I helped!

Comment

Just my opinion Brother.
                              Where are the survey results published and how many will have taken the survey??

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Burn Rates
                                by Ernie
                                One thing to remember is that even when you are using a powder like H-4350, you can have lot to lot variations, and that is true of any brand of powd...
                                Today, 12:55 PM
                              • Burn Rates
                                by jhjimbo
                                Read a article recently discussing Burn Rates of smokeless powder. One comment he made is not all the charts are in agreement. I thought just the opposite...
                                07-24-2021, 07:05 PM
                              • Reply to Well Equipped
                                by MattM37
                                It's money spent for something active, anyway. I'm always amazed at what collectors pay for a certain stamp or coin or something that's just going...
                                Today, 12:13 PM
                              • Well Equipped
                                by jhjimbo
                                Talked to a guy at the marina who has a 21' Chaparrel I/O he bought at a boat show a couple years ago for $40k, then put $10k into it to set it up for...
                                Yesterday, 07:43 PM
                              • Buy New Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX 10.1-inch Touchscreen $800
                                by mnsolmen
                                The Price is Canadian dollar. Visit Our Website www.esellibuy.com
                                Today, 10:07 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X